Don't know about you guys but SPRING IS HERE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure sign of Spring's arrival here in VT...
My buddy and I were out cutting some fire wood on his land this past weekend, and we ran into his neighbor setting up lines and tapping the Maples (the neighbor's land). Sure enough, when we had to clean up some wind damaged branches (a couple leads) laying over the trail the Maples were "bleeding" sap from where they broke off.
That was probably our last fire wood outing until Mud Season (Vermont's 5th season) is over.

There is nothing better than fresh maple syrup from the boiling tank (still warm) - straight up. [Homer Simpson voice] Mmmmmm, maple syrup.

VTHC said:
Sure sign of Spring's arrival here in VT...
My buddy and I were out cutting some fire wood on his land this past weekend, and we ran into his neighbor setting up lines and tapping the Maples (the neighbor's land). Sure enough, when we had to clean up some wind damaged branches (a couple leads) laying over the trail the Maples were "bleeding" sap from where they broke off.
That was probably our last fire wood outing until Mud Season (Vermont's 5th season) is over.

There is nothing better than fresh maple syrup from the boiling tank (still warm) - straight up. [Homer Simpson voice] Mmmmmm, maple syrup.

They've started tapping here a week or so ago . . . a bit earlier than normal.

I consider it spring when tree's start budding/blooming and plants start sprouting. We're not close to either of those things in Michigan. I have a foot of snow or better that needs to go away before I'll even entertain the idea of it being close to spring. Come March I always try to convince myself it's spring, I'm not going to fall for it this time. :lol:

Well they already have canceled that 50 degree day forecast for a week from Saturday. But, we had a pair of bluebirds return here yesterday so at least they think it is spring.

40 degrees forecast for Saturday! Hooray!

With the dominant high pressure here the last few days the early morning temperatures have been in the single digits (8 degrees this morning, 5 yesterday). The sun has been shining, which doesn't happen much during the fall and winter. It sure feels good and looks good, but the temperatures are still chilly. I've gotten my hopes up too many times before to let down now. I'll be burning for around two more months. The back yard this morning:

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.