Drolet heatmax vs englander?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
Tried searching and found a couple posts here and AS forums. I will post some pics and sizes detailing my basement and how to pipe chimney . But I'm trying to see if the extra $ is worth spending on the heatmax considering it is epa rated and the englander is not? I would love an add on furnace that can hit 8-10 hr burns. My only install dilemma is should chimney go through the window(blocking existing window frame) or beside a window out the block foundation. But first trying see if extra $ is well spent on the burn tube epa rated furnace. Planning on new wood insert on main floor as well .

Drolet Heatmax-Tundra is having some first yr problems. I would prob. avoid untill ashpan problems are solved.
No sense dying for high co2 levels.
I'd just get the best insert I could afford for the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.