Drolet HT3000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

davo

Apr 24, 2015
CT
Hello everyone! After reading some reviews on the Summers Heat 2,000 sq ft and 2,400 sq ft. I am going to continue looking at other options. I am not ruling them out by any means but want to see what else people have.

One I recently researched was the Drolet HT3000. There were three threads on reviews but I think it is a fairly new stove so I am looking for reviews and real life experiences on it. I realize it is more expensive than the Summers Heat Madison and 2,400 sq ft by 700$ and 500$ but if it is worth it than I might make that jump.

Asking for advice, how does it heat your home? What size square footage are you heating? How is the blower on the stove? Does it do a good job of holding the heat? I read that the clearances for a corner install are only 7 and 7.5 inches (which is great) and it only needs ember protection only. Lastly, what are some real world burn times for the stove?

Thanks all for your advice!

There are a few owners of the HT3000 and several of the HT2000 here. Search for reviews and comments in this forum by using the Search function (little magnifying glass at the upper right).

There are a few owners of the HT3000 and several of the HT2000 here. Search for reviews and comments in this forum by using the Search function (little magnifying glass at the upper right).

Thank you! I wasn't aware the HT2000 was the same stove. Appreciate it!

Thank you! I wasn't aware the HT2000 was the same stove. Appreciate it!
The HT3000 is the 2020 evolution of the HT2000.

Reactions: davo
Hello everyone! After reading some reviews on the Summers Heat 2,000 sq ft and 2,400 sq ft. I am going to continue looking at other options. I am not ruling them out by any means but want to see what else people have.

One I recently researched was the Drolet HT3000. There were three threads on reviews but I think it is a fairly new stove so I am looking for reviews and real life experiences on it. I realize it is more expensive than the Summers Heat Madison and 2,400 sq ft by 700$ and 500$ but if it is worth it than I might make that jump.

Asking for advice, how does it heat your home? What size square footage are you heating? How is the blower on the stove? Does it do a good job of holding the heat? I read that the clearances for a corner install are only 7 and 7.5 inches (which is great) and it only needs ember protection only. Lastly, what are some real world burn times for the stove?

Thanks all for your advice!

I have the HT 2000 and would have gone for the 3000 if it had more reviews. Either way, its a few inches taller than the 2000, which would not work for my setup with the chimney exhaust level at my house. I would have had less than 18 inches of stove pipe rise before turning 90 degrees.

The HT2000 is an awesom stove with great quality and reputation. The compnay always responds and is helpful. The reviews on this stove speaks for itself and have no doubt a 3000 will be an amazing stove. No sure about the others. Maybe this site has Summer Heat and 2400 stove owners.