Drolet vs century insertfor my masonry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

clipse270

Mar 25, 2017
Harrisburg PA
hi all, have a question regarding the Drolet 1800i vs century 2900 insert. Looking for a cheap insert for my masonry fireplace. Currently own a pellet stove in another room and have to say it’s not the same as a log fire. My question is does anyone know if the blower fans are manual or automatic on either of these. I would be putting this in a small room that was an addition and it gets pretty warm at times,so being able to turn the fan off at times would be preferable. We are afraid with this size insert it would be too warm for the size room it’s in. Thanks in advance.

We have an Enerzone 1.8 Insert...its the same company (SBI in Canada) that make Drolet n Century along with several other makes.
My Enerzones fan will not come on until the thermostat in the blower housind reaches 200* n then its shuts off if tthe temp drops below 200*
The fan speed controller is a rheostat speed controller.
Google SBI Woodstoves...you will see all the stoves you are interested in.....then you can download operation manuals for each stove....those will tell you everything you'd like to know......Good Luck

Last edited: