DSP double wall black pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffaj01

Hearth Supporter
Sep 20, 2010
Central Indiana
I bought some DSP double wall black stove pipe for a yukon big jack. The furnace came with a barometric damper, how do i attach this to my stove pipe? Do i need to buy a tee and mount it on that or ?

thanks
Jeff

anyone? I'm not sure what i need to buy to make this barometric damper work. It seems like it would fit just fine if the stovepipe were single wall; but since i am going with double wall i dont think a tee would solve the issue. The Black pipe is coming off the back of the furnace with a 90 degree elbow straight up then into another 90 out into SS through the block wall. I just need to figure out what i need to attach this barometric damper to DSP's DW stove pipe. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks, Jeff

Maybe try posting a picture, that seems to help sometimes. Does the damper come with a manual that helps at all?

man do i feel dumb. It does, the instructions say to cut a hole in the black pipe and put the brackets onto the included metal connector (not good with the technical terms)...I bought double wall, so i dont think this is going to happen. Seems like nobody sells a tee with a baro already in it that connects to double wall pipe; so i guess i'm going to send all the double wall black that i bought back and order some single wall Heat-Fab and purchase a baro made by Field Control already in a tee for ease of installation as i'm not really wanting to cut into any pipe and make do with what it is or what i have. I want this to be done the correct way, and done safely. I dont think i NEED the dsp double wall, but thought it would be a little better to have the double wall black pipe then it would be to have single. The furance will be in my basement, and i dont believe the black pipe will come close to any combustibles.

Good luck, but I feel dumb as well. No idea what a barometric damper does. :roll:

I have a vague recollection that manual dampers are preferable, but I can't remember why. It might be because of more control, and less restriction when full open.

RenovationGeorge said:
I have a vague recollection that manual dampers are preferable, but I can't remember why. It might be because of more control, and less restriction when full open.

He is hooking up a furnace, hence the barometric damper.

Status
Not open for further replies.