DUI. Winter. Maine. On a lawnmower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PaulOinMA

Minister of Fire
Oct 20, 2018
MA
Reminds me of a fella outside of town that drives his tractor to town because he lost his license for ten years from dwi. There is no license required to drive a tractor on public roads here and i believe you only jave to be 16 or older. Seems kind of counter intuitive but he could still get a dwi if he were to drink while driving tho i dont believe he cares.

I can't walk because I'm too drunk.

A few years back we had a tractor driver due to dui. He would take the tractor to the bar in the afternoon, and it was not unusual to see him sleeping in his driveway the next morning. The other patrons would load him in the FEL, drive him home and leave him passed out in the FEL in his driveway.

A few years back we had a tractor driver due to dui. He would take the tractor to the bar in the afternoon, and it was not unusual to see him sleeping in his driveway the next morning. The other patrons would load him in the FEL, drive him home and leave him passed out in the FEL in his driveway.

So that guy was realllly "loaded". Sorry i couldnt help myself. Talk about a hang over. I can imagine that the pain the day after sleepin in the bucket would drive me to drinkin.

My neighbor bought a good sized JD farm tractor (sorry don't know the model) with a cab that a local fellow had as his wheels after a DUI...he got drunk again and pulled out in front of someone with the tractor, totaled it...my neighbor put a new frame on it and a few other pieces, it's fine now...nice cheap JD tractor! Oh, he had to put tires on it too...turns out ag tires don't like all those road miles...;lol

My Unimog is listed by Mercedes as a road going tractor for purposes of import and export. Mercedes recommends turning the front chevron type treads backwards for Mogs that are predominantly on the road. I have a military design production on road tire on my road Mog but when they wear out I will end up with the chevron style.

BTW in rural areas unlicensed DUI folks are a big problem, there is no public transportation. if the person is tagged with DUI unless they can find someone to give them a ride, most end up driving anyhow and hope they are not caught. There is no UBER or Lyft in many rural areas like mine.

One of my contractors I used to use would hire high school kids as laborers and part of their job was to drive around with a van or crew truck in the AM to pick up skilled tradesman to go to work that didn't have licenses. At the end of the day they had to drop them off. They were great tradesmen during the day but its real easy to get a DUI when they hit a bar after work and have to drive 60 miles home.

Reactions: bholler
My Unimog is listed by Mercedes as a road going tractor for purposes of import and export. Mercedes recommends turning the front chevron type treads backwards for Mogs that are predominantly on the road. I have a military design production on road tire on my road Mog but when they wear out I will end up with the chevron style.

BTW in rural areas unlicensed DUI folks are a big problem, there is no public transportation. if the person is tagged with DUI unless they can find someone to give them a ride, most end up driving anyhow and hope they are not caught. There is no UBER or Lyft in many rural areas like mine.

One of my contractors I used to use would hire high school kids as laborers and part of their job was to drive around with a van or crew truck in the AM to pick up skilled tradesman to go to work that didn't have licenses. At the end of the day they had to drop them off. They were great tradesmen during the day but its real easy to get a DUI when they hit a bar after work and have to drive 60 miles home.
Yup when I was working general construction I made an extra $5 an hour because I had a valid license. Out of the crew of 9 or 10 only 4 of us had licences. And the boss wasn't one of them.

Yup when I was working general construction I made an extra $5 an hour because I had a valid license. Out of the crew of 9 or 10 only 4 of us had licences. And the boss wasn't one of them.
The number of substance abusers in all walks of life is staggering. Growing up in a military family I didn't realize how bad it was. It's like everyone is on drugs

Reactions: bholler
Had a roommate in college in a wheelchair. One of his friends got a DUI in a wheelchair.

What is an OUI? The article uses this acronym several times.

OUI - Operating Under the Influence. DUI - Driving Under the Influence.

Reactions: begreen
Ya can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning.

Reactions: SpaceBus