Eko 25 Door Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nickychips

Feb 9, 2015
new york
Hey,everyone Last year I bit the bullet and bought an Eko25 so far it seems to work well ,the only issue I've had it seems to have some type of odor ,maybe it's the unit burning off the new steel .After the first season now on season two it seems to have corrected itself .The problem I'm having now is I need to reseal the door . My question is how do you remove the door does it just lift off? Or is there something I need to remove to take it off?

The door just lifts off. Are you sure the door is leaking? Does it have a rope gasket or a silicon rubber one?

If you only suspect a minor leak, the best way to seal the door is to clean the surface of the existing gasket while the door is still hanging (no need to remove the door), smear on a coat of high temp silicone rubber (available at most stove shops and many hardware stores), apply waxed paper or Saran Wrap to the uncured silicon rubber and close and LITELY latch the door while the rubber is curing. Once cured, remove the waxed paper.

Hey, Fred thanks for your input, that's kind of what I had in mind. I'm still interested on knowing how to remove the door. The owners manual says to remove the door but do not offer any instructions on how to remove it. Once again thanks for your help

I told you how to remove the door in the first sentence of my post. You must have missed it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I told you how to remove the door in the first sentence of my post. You must have missed it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 usingThanks Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Thanks ,for the tip I guess the door needed a little bit of effort to come off the hinge
]

Hey thanks for the info. I removed the door it took a little more effort than I thought ,but it came off , however I tried to seal it with silicone it seemed to have made it worse, I ordered a new gasket. Hopefully that will take care of it.