EKO 40 is in the works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
I got the wife to see the long term payback and she gave the go ahead. Well it is not really long term payback if I spend $12000.00 on a system it would take me 4 years to get the payback based on current price of LP and the gallons I use a year. Plus the road crews are wacking down trees in my front yard, a walnut and 3 oaks that 3 people cant get their arms around. So I should have fire wood for some years to come once it seasons good. A few questions for the insurance man and then off to Cozy heat.

Rob

taxidermist said:
I got the wife to see the long term payback and she gave the go ahead. Well it is not really long term payback if I spend $12000.00 on a system it would take me 4 years to get the payback based on current price of LP and the gallons I use a year. Plus the road crews are wacking down trees in my front yard, a walnut and 3 oaks that 3 people cant get their arms around. So I should have fire wood for some years to come once it seasons good. A few questions for the insurance man and then off to Cozy heat.

Rob

Good luck! My payback ended up being less thatn three years, and that was before the prices got to where they are now. After you're done paying it off, you'll still get $4000 savings every year. Time to start figuring out what to spend it on. Some helpful suggestions that are totally defensible based on their connection to the savings involved:

1) 4WD diesel compact tractor with bucket loader
2) Wood splitter with log loader
3) An assortment of really nice chainsaws
4) A home brewing setup (a man needs a good beer after cutting / splitting / stacking all that wood)
5) A smoker or really nice grill (all that work builds a prett good appetite, too)

You get the idea.....

And another big plus is how great a shape your wife is going to be in after helping you with handling the wood. I wouldn't mention that though.

LOL-I couldn't help myself..............

Since I bought my Tarm 3 years ago it has gone up 50% in price and heating oil has gone up almost $2 per gallon. It was cost effective then and now it is just a great deal. I can't imagine what my monthly expenses would be now without it! You can bet on one thing: both aren't going down in price any time soon.

nofossil said:
taxidermist said:

Rob

Good luck! My payback ended up being less thatn three years, and that was before the prices got to where they are now. After you're done paying it off, you'll still get $4000 savings every year. Time to start figuring out what to spend it on. Some helpful suggestions that are totally defensible based on their connection to the savings involved:

1) 4WD diesel compact tractor with bucket loader
2) Wood splitter with log loader
3) An assortment of really nice chainsaws
4) A home brewing setup (a man needs a good beer after cutting / splitting / stacking all that wood)
5) A smoker or really nice grill (all that work builds a prett good appetite, too)

1) got it
2) got it,
3)got it
4)still researching and studying
5) new grill on the want list
You get the idea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.