EKO 80 from Kotly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering purchasing an EKO 80 from Kotly.com. The price is about half that if I purchase it from the US and have it shipped across the border and that includes the cost of shipping overseas.

Anyone have any experience dealing with Kotly or heard of any horror stories?

Cheers.

Do you have to deal with customs and pick it up at the port of entry? Or, do they have a shipper that will get it to your local terminal?

There is another thread here regarding this. Personally, I would not suggest buying a boiler this way.......although folks have been known to do a lot to save money. You run a number of risks, from not getting the boiler at all (slight risk) to not having any real warranty (high risk).

I just saw the other thread and was reading through it so sorry for creating the duplicate thread without a thorough check.

For a Canadian, the price savings in spite of the shipping is about $7000.00 vs buying the exact same unit from the USA for about $14,000 also including shipping. Considering I still need to buy power converters and whether it is bought in Poland or the US I am on my own for dealer support and installation I just want to gauge the risk as part of my due diligence.

Hey grainfed,
Just sent you a PM. Let me know if you are interested in going together for an order from Kotly.

Cheers

My Atmos boiler was shipped right out by Kotly. It got to New Jersey in a little over a month, this is fast in my book. I haven't seen it yet as customs in Chicago is going through the paperwork with my broker ALFase. Kotly is very trustworthy(for USA buyers ALFase has also been a pleasure to do business with so far), they told me numerous times the power input was 50hz & 230 volts & that I would need to adapt the fittings to BSP. I enquired about a Laddomat 21 & again they mentioned the 50hz pump on it. I did not have the money for the Laddomat etc when ordered, if you are able to I would suggest you do this, assuming you will run pressurized storage. The Lado needs to be run off a flue thermostat, they sell em too. Kotly also has a great rep. on the UK forums. Good luck up there in Canada, Randy If Canadian ports are like US ports you want to make sure it goes to a service port where you can pick it up, if you are not going to have it shipped to you.

Singed Eyebrows said:
My Atmos boiler was shipped right out by Kotly. It got to New Jersey in a little over a month, this is fast in my book. I haven't seen it yet as customs in Chicago is going through the paperwork with my broker ALFase. Kotly is very trustworthy(for USA buyers ALFase has also been a pleasure to do business with so far), they told me numerous times the power input was 50hz & 230 volts & that I would need to adapt the fittings to BSP. I enquired about a Laddomat 21 & again they mentioned the 50hz pump on it. I did not have the money for the Laddomat etc when ordered, if you are able to I would suggest you do this, assuming you will run pressurized storage. The Lado needs to be run off a flue thermostat, they sell em too. Kotly also has a great rep. on the UK forums. Good luck up there in Canada, Randy If Canadian ports are like US ports you want to make sure it goes to a service port where you can pick it up, if you are not going to have it shipped to you.

How did the rest of this story go Singed? Easy pickup and install when done with customs? How much was shipping and Alfase? Thanks.

Hi Solar&Wood; I spent 15 minutes typing a reply to you & it wouldn't go through. Shipping was $1000. from Kotly & about $550 to ALFase. At least $100 of this was to customs because they pulled my boiler for intense inspection. Kotly got the boiler to me with out a scratch & I can highly recommend them. I have not installed this yet. This is a very well made boiler & I'm happy with it. ALFase did a great job & I would use them again. I will post again as I don't want to lose another 15 minute reply, Randy

Thanks Randy and good luck with the install. I hopefully won't be too far behind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.