Electric Muscle Car

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Last edited:
Reactions: Don2222 and Ashful
The guy I commute with talked Tesla into loaning him a car for a couple days. On the way into work, he punched it coming out of the tolls. The torque was impressive. So was the amount of battery it ate up in those 10 seconds...

Yes, that requirement for instant amperage seems like super-capacitor territory.

Neat! I’m excited for electric vehicles. I can’t wait for there to be some compelling options on the market that aren’t luxury cars or basic grocery getters. Some sort of muscle car would be excellent.

I’ll probably buy an electric motorcycle in the next few years. Would be an awesome commuter option, as I already ride my Harley to work any day it isn’t raining.

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Neat! I’m excited for electric vehicles. I can’t wait for there to be some compelling options on the market that aren’t luxury cars or basic grocery getters. Some sort of muscle car would be excellent.

I’ll probably buy an electric motorcycle in the next few years. Would be an awesome commuter option, as I already ride my Harley to work any day it isn’t raining.

-SF

The Model S doesn’t do it for you? There are some impressive electric cars out there, but you gotta pay to play, for now.

The Model S doesn’t do it for you? There are some impressive electric cars out there, but you gotta pay to play, for now.

The model S is in the luxury category. It’s nice, but not my style.

-MG

The model S is in the luxury category. It’s nice, but not my style.

-MG

What would be your ideal platform?

I’d appreciate an AWD roadster at the 500 hp level, but I have to admit, I’ve grown rather fond of mid-size sporting sedans recently. An E-class or S6 EV would do it for me, right now. Of course, I’m the rare bird with two child booster seats in the back seat of a car designed more for the track than the street. Two door vehicles are out of my reach, for the next few years.

The tesla roadster seemed like a nice drive ,anyone know why they cancelled it.

I think the first Mfg. to come out with a reasonably priced Electric SUV will see a lot more action than the small sedan lineup available now. GM could easily do this with their Trax or Equinox. Must not be much profit to it yet.

GM is working on it. Right now there is the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. It's not a pocket rocket, but with 4W electric drive it's proven to be a good vehicle. Came out in Japan a few years ago, then Europe and now in the US.

GM is working on it. Right now there is the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. It's not a pocket rocket, but with 4W electric drive it's proven to be a good vehicle. Came out in Japan a few years ago, then Europe and now in the US.
I was looking into that but from what i was able to gather Mitsubishi has a notorious record for poor reliability in general. Similar to Kia. Would probably buy a good used volt before anything out there right now for the cost effectivness.

i read something a few years ago about the next type of battery to come out that said it would change the way we drive our cars and use our cell phone called nano tubes. i have not read about it lately but sounded like something nice. would love to see something better than lithium. way to many issues

and if you get a chance look on you tube for don garlits driving his electric dragster