Elk Can Sleep Better Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
The new stove won't be grunted up on the hearth until Tuesday or Wednesday but Elk can sleep better knowing that the new sheet metal blocking plate is installed in that fireplace. A foot of rockwool on top of and sealing the damper opening. Sealed steel covering the top of the firebox six inches below that with cemented in 3/8" stove gasket around the pipe to protect it from cuts and leaks. All mortored in with fireplace mortor.

no turning back now BB, that fireplace is converted to a stove shelter! Sounds like you worked your butt off today. Good Job!

Great job, well worth all the hard work

I would like to say I sleep better last night ,but my wife is experiencing some Medical issues and awaiting a report on a bi-opz
Mean while, I was riped up the carpeting in my familly room and in the process of installing oak floor. Before last night, I was ready to joke around with,
you, but the mood has changed here. Instead ,I burried my self in installing oak flooring today, keeping busy. I installed 160 sq ft today

BTW good job

elkimmeg said:
I would like to say I sleep better last night ,but my wife is experiencing some Medical issues and awaiting a report on a bi-opz
Mean while, I was riped up the carpeting in my familly room and in the process of installing oak floor. Before last night, I was ready to joke around with,
you, but the mood has changed here. Instead ,I burried my self in installing oak flooring today, keeping busy. I installed 160 sq ft today

BTW good job

We are thinking of your wife Elk and wishing for the best. Hang in there guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.