Seeking Stove Size Suggestions - Considering replacement of 1984 Jotul spin draft 8

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
7" on mine, this assuming the back shield still the same on the newer T5's

Used Jotul seem to sell instantly around here, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a F500 pop up. I reached out to a guy last spring that had a nice 3CB for cheap, and he said a guy loaded it up 10 minutes after he listed it on CL. That one may have been too small but it was a good value so I would have bought it to try.

I looked at a new F500 V3 at a dealer on Friday, but it’s not high on my list if I go with a new cat stove. They don’t normally stock the F55 which is what I was hoping to look at, but suspect will be too large. Another dealer that is 2 hours away does have a F55 in stock.
i have a little Jotul F3CB I've used for years and its bullet proof. i heat the upstairs or about 1100 sq ft with it. its located on the edge of the living room, dining room/kitchen. i have a PE Summit downstairs in the basement that i use when it gets real cold, which isn't very often here in southern maryland. i also have an early 602 that i'm going to put in the garage. i don't think you can beat Jotul for ease of operation. good luck finding your right stove.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobin