Empyre vs Heatmaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wood chuck

Mar 2, 2015
Swedesboro nj
Hey guys I am new to the forum with lots of questions.
I am currently looking at empire elite 100 or the heatmaster 100, Their are pros and cons with both I am sure.My house is 2200 sq' built in 2005 so heat loss is not a huge factor but would like something very efficient. I have heated it for the past 10 years with a wood stove and I am kind off over it, looking for something different. Any insight you have please share or if their are any other boilers I should check out.Thanks!!

well i have a 2400 sq ft house including the basement. i had two elites 200 in two years with nothing but problems with the stove and the service. i have now switched to a heat master G 200 and love it. just by the EPA rating the heat master is 15% more efficient and i truly believe it and see it in the wood usage.

this is my first winter with the heat master. i started burning wood around the first week of October and have not stopped. i use it for domestic and radiant base board heat. keeping the house at 70 F for the little one. i have used about 3.5 cords so far this winter. my wood pile is stacked so each row is a cord, that is just the way it worked out.

I have a G 200 heat master. I am having an extremely difficult time trying to keep the stove running. The stove heats a 1600 square-foot home and is also plumbed into my hot water. I've adjusted the damper settings, I changed my wood size, I've changed pumps and I'm still not satisfied. I will load the stove at night and there's a 50-50 chance that it'll be burning in the morning. Any suggestions?

Mart11. I sent you a personal message , I didn't want to hijack the thread from the op. I have a g200 on my second season, I love mine. No running issues at all, construction is top notch. The boiler is pretty simple in comparison to some of the other gassers and they did awesome on the epa tests.

As far as the g100 goes I obviously have never run one but they look like sweet little boilers. Empire is out of buisness isn't it?

I have a G 200 heat master. I am having an extremely difficult time trying to keep the stove running. The stove heats a 1600 square-foot home and is also plumbed into my hot water. I've adjusted the damper settings, I changed my wood size, I've changed pumps and I'm still not satisfied. I will load the stove at night and there's a 50-50 chance that it'll be burning in the morning. Any suggestions?

Do you mean the wood will still be there, unburned?

Or do you mean that it all burned up (fast) & only ashes left?

That's not an overly large house - but no idea what the heat demand is or how it's insulated.

I realized after the previous thread was old. I pm d him too. Haven't run in I any other g200 owners that hae issues with running so I am curious to see what his issue is.