England Stove Fireplace Insert / What's Your Experience or Opinion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reed102

Sep 19, 2006
Greenville, Oh
I've been reading all the information I can find about England Stove Works wood burning fireplace insert and believe is right for my situation, and wallet. Your input would be greatly appreciated in finalizing my decision.

I've sent a couple of emails to the manufacture and was impressed with their timeliness in responding. If, after reading your responses, I do finally purchase it I will do so from the local Ace store versus Lowes or Home Depot for two reasons. #1 Ace was lower in price, and #2 they seemed to care about getting answers to my questions and were just very helpful.

What's your experience or opinion.

What does ACE get for the insert? I am the forum Englander junkie because, even though I don't own one, everybody that I know that has one of their stoves loves them. I am thinking about getting their wood furnace. Except that the $400 price jump since last year turned me off a bit.

Ace was $975 (including shipping) and Lowes was $1,147. Lowes salespeople were not sure if that included shipping and did not know how, or where, to check to be sure.

reed102 said:
Ace was $975 (including shipping) and Lowes was $1,147. Lowes salespeople were not sure if that included shipping and did not know how, or where, to check to be sure.

$975 for the 13-NCI fireplace insert? Last time I checked that thing was eighteen hundred bucks.

Edit: I just checked. It has come waaaay down.

The Englanders remind me of a modern day Fisher Stoves. Plain decent gage welded plate steel.

In a lot of ways they make more sense, than purchasing some overpriced over fired used stove

Price mystery solved. The young man had quoted me the pellet insert when I asked about the wood insert. The wood insert is a grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.