Charles2 Posted By Charles2, May 10, 2019 at 4:18 PM

1. Charles2

Charles2
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 22, 2014
    Loc:
    GA
    I can't figure out how to install the very top baffle even after I remove both air tubes. What's the trick?

2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Not sure if @Corie is available, but if anyone knows the proper way it would be him.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Charles2

Charles2
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 22, 2014
    Loc:
    GA
    Corie's profile says he was last seen on Nov 2, 2015. Should I try to start a private conversation with him?

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Give it a try. He is the stove designer. Also, have you checked with Englander tech support?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Charles2

Charles2
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 22, 2014
    Loc:
    GA
    I sent Englander tech support an email yesterday, but I guess they are gone for the weekend.

6. Charles2

Charles2
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 22, 2014
    Loc:
    GA
    No response from Corie, and even Englander tech support cannot figure this out! I notice that the corners of the broken upper baffle that I am replacing look somewhat "shaved off". I'm wondering whether this was necessary to do at the factory to make the upper baffle fit? Has anyone on this forum tried to do a replacement on a 17-VL?

7. Charles2

Charles2
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 22, 2014
    Loc:
    GA
    I finally got the baffle installed. There's no trick - I had to bend and almost break the board to do it. I noticed that both pieces of angle iron (supporting the rear corners of the baffle) are bent toward the back of the stove, as if the manufacturer made a mistake. I wonder if this is true of all 17-VL models.