Englander 32NC - over fire at 650?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Was able to get a pic of the secondary burners this morning.
72E84DCD-B960-49FC-A75D-3DBD1D9BD618.jpeg

Reactions: Highbeam
Video of the stove burning. Fully shutdown, secondaries are firing. ST temp is 500, flue probe is 700. It feels like the temps are holding, actually dropping very slowly and under control. Definitely throwing nice amount of heat.

Reactions: NickW
If the handle sleeve fit is pretty tight you could even glue it in with something like jbweld or even some rtv silicone. It’s not doing anything but keeping the handle from sliding off.

If the handle sleeve fit is pretty tight you could even glue it in with something like jbweld or even some rtv silicone. It’s not doing anything but keeping the handle from sliding off.
It’s not tight at all. The door latch diameter is just over 1/2” and the i.d. of the handle is about .57”.

Looked into JB weld; looks like it’s good just past 400 degrees, which I think is cutting it close due to the location. Was thinking maybe stove cement, but it has a tendency to crack/chip when it gets moved around.

It’s not tight at all. The door latch diameter is just over 1/2” and the i.d. of the handle is about .57”.

Looked into JB weld; looks like it’s good just past 400 degrees, which I think is cutting it close due to the location. Was thinking maybe stove cement, but it has a tendency to crack/chip when it gets moved around.

Your door gasket is glued in place with ultra black rtv silicone. I bet that would work here too and if not, no big deal.

Reactions: wagdog
JB Weld was my first thought too. It would be fine.

EDIT: Just checked our stove's door handle in that same area. It's 175º with a 550º stovetop. And the handle below the metal shaft is wood.

Reactions: Highbeam
Jbweld is awfully permanent.

Drill and tap, two set screws. Easy fix but kind of ugly.
Rather than big ugly bolts perhaps some small hex set screws would keep the handle removeable and look discreet.

Reactions: wagdog
Rather than big ugly bolts perhaps some small hex set screws would keep the handle removeable and look discreet.
That’s what I was thinking; small black hex screws that would tighten down to the surface. I think it would look good.

Going to talk to someone about it tomorrow. Depending on how that goes, I’ll either go the set screw route or pick up some JB weld.

Reactions: SpaceBus