Englander smartstove with Nest thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jocko

Jul 5, 2015
Monessen, Pennsylvania
Has anyone been able to connect a nest thermostat to their Englander Smartstove board? I would like to start my stove before I get to the cabin so we essentially walk into a warm cabin.

I called Englander but of course they said it’s not possible to do.

I see where you can take the jumper out and connect the thermostat to the board. Can I just run 2 wire thermostat wire to the Nest stat?

Does manual mode still work with the jumper being out ?

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 426B9FBE-2C9E-4707-86FE-DA469855D88F.png
    426B9FBE-2C9E-4707-86FE-DA469855D88F.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 258
  • D5FD6A0E-017F-49C2-A38C-E5F1DD2FE341.jpeg
    D5FD6A0E-017F-49C2-A38C-E5F1DD2FE341.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 263
From what i read in the manual, it looks like thier reason it wont work is it requires user input to initiate start (physically push the on button) in either mode. If you could figure out a way to automate that i bet the nest would work

I’m working on a way to simulate the push of the button now. Do you have the same type of issue as I do? It seems that there are some WiFi enabled plugs by Lutron that will allow the stove to come on via an app. If that’s the case I won’t need the Nest because the stove takes the same setting it had when it was shut down.

No I don’t have that stove. Its not the first time someone has asked the same question.