Englander Stove Pipe & Shield Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
I got a couple of quick questions regarding the install of my Englander 30.

Anyone using double wall stove pipe with one of these stoves? Any problems installing on the stove outlet - how do you secure it, does it look OK vs single wall pipe?

Do the optional side shields require the pedistal vs legs when installed?

Thanks!!!!
Bill

I too am in the middle of the install process.
I am using supervent doublewall from
The stove to the high temp pipe. The doublewall
Adapter that comes in the kit fits nicely
On the stove.

Mine slides down until the inner pipe
Bottoms out on the weld. However on
My set up. The outer layer of pipe sits
About an eigth to a quarter inch off the
Top of the stove. It looks to be easier
To trim a little off the inner pipe

Heatmiser5 said:
Mine slides down until the inner pipe
Bottoms out on the weld. However on
My set up. The outer layer of pipe sits
About an eigth to a quarter inch off the
Top of the stove. It looks to be easier
To trim a little off the inner pipe

If you looked at the pics in all of the posts from my link, you can see ours are about 1"-1.5" from stove top... Looks terrible and fits worse. Not sure how it can seal properly. I am going to grinfd the weld and maybe cut some of the crimped end, so its only a half inch of the stove. I understand that its air-cooled pipe and needs a gap to provide the air. But 1.5" is crazy. I have been debating doing the install myself. So all the people that are starting threads about the problems I have noticed is great. Keep them coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.