Englander zip code dealio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered mine online last friday. It was here by wednesday. I can't get anything shipped to me that quick. It did come with a blower. It also came with pedestal and legs.

If your on the fence, I'd order now, no clue how many they have left, can't beat 650 bucks

Vanskills said:
Woof

That store in Bristol va is probably setting a record for nc30's sold, lol

I thought the same thing. Some dude on 3rd shift is probably wondering what the heck is going on with this stove and all the orders.

Good to know about the shipping. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I better to ordering that rheostat control. What am I gonna do with the all wood I bucked down to 12"-13" to fit n/s in the 1101 - lol.

herdbull said:
I wonder with this delivery method will they deliver if no one is home. It's only me here and unless it comes on a Friday or weekend I can't get here.

They dropped mine in my shed when I wasn't home. They called beforehand and we made that arrangement.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
herdbull said:
I wonder with this delivery method will they deliver if no one is home. It's only me here and unless it comes on a Friday or weekend I can't get here.

They dropped mine in my shed when I wasn't home. They called beforehand and we made that arrangement.

Nice! That's service. Maybe I could drop the guy an extra $25 to help me get it in the house. I'm joking of course. Too bad the heating season is almost over. I can't wait for next winter and the first day in January when I have to crack a window.

It will be delivered with single threshold delivery. They ship LTL from the England Stove Works in Virginia to a terminal near your house and then are consigned to a local delivery service that may cover several hundred miles. They will call several days ahead to set up a window for offloading. Then the driver will call about an hour ahead to inform you that you are next stop. Using a liftgate, they will deliver across any single threshold in house, basement, shed, or garage. Real pro's.

Got mine for $599 in December using a $50.00 coupon discount for major appliance sell. Who am I to say that the NC30 does not resemble a refrigerator or washing machine? Watch for major appliance sales or 10% off purchases of $500 or more. Sales change weekly or Google Home Depot coupons. What a deal!

Just took my 30-NCH delivery last night.

$584.20 plus tax.

That Lowes Coupon came in handy!

Too Bad it's starting to warm up outside!

Now all I need is to find the the Stove Pipe on clearance!

Took delivery yesterday. $649.00 to my garage. Can't beat it.

Mine showed up today as well. It's like Christmas in March!!!

Congratulations! ! All of you....... Now ya'll just gotta update your Signature line.

Heck, I am gonna have to order one just to have a nice plant stand. :-S

Like Hogwildz.

Edit to add: Replacement burn tubes, baffle boards and a door gasket are $250 before shipping charges. And twenty or thirty dollars worth of bricks...

Just placed the order. Blame it on a nice single malt scotch.

Anybody looking for a nice Jotul F100 or F3CB? I feel a cash crunch coming on. Along about the time the credit card bill arrives.

Received mine on Tuesday. Been in the 60's here this week so not much of a chance to burn it. I hope everyone enjoys their new stoves.

BrotherBart said:
Just placed the order. Blame it on a nice single malt scotch.

Anybody looking for a nice Jotul F100 or F3CB? I feel a cash crunch coming on. Along about the time the credit card bill arrives.

Gosh darn peer pressure got to you huh?

The guys in the pellet room haven't noticed yet I guess but ordering from that same HD you can get a 25-PDV for a thousand bucks off. Delivered. Same with the 25-PDVC but you have to pay a few bucks for the shipping. And still save a grand.

Heck at the price on the 30 I could take the parts out of it for spares and make a barbeque grill out of it and come out ahead.

BrotherBart said:
The guys in the pellet room haven't noticed yet I guess but ordering from that same HD you can get a 25-PDV for a thousand bucks off. Delivered. Same with the 25-PDVC but you have to pay a few bucks for the shipping. And still save a grand.

Heck at the price on the 30 I could take the parts out of it for spares and make a barbeque grill out of it and come out ahead.

Wow... Im looking to get a Engalnder 10-CPM soon..... Going to check now!!

Ain't happening on the 10-CPM. My best guess is that when they mark down stoves they have on the floor in the store their system does this thing. I figured they would get it fixed last year but it looks like it didn't get done.

I said last year that a programmer would probably get fired soon. :coolsmirk: Looks like it didn't happen.

BrotherBart said:
Ain't happening on the 10-CPM. My best guess is that when they mark down stoves they have on the floor in the store their system does this thing. I figured they would get it fixed last year but it looks like it didn't get done.

I said last year that a programmer would probably get fired soon. :coolsmirk: Looks like it didn't happen.

Yep.... CPM is full price. But that is a great deal on the PDVC. Its cheaper to buy that one new, than to get the Refurb unit at AMFM Energy on Ebay.

Oh well.... Looks like I am gonna have to pay more than $1,000 for the CPM.

I paid $300 for my PDV with all venting and 21 bags of pellets and only $800 for the 30-NC and All the double wall inside, Class A triple wall outside, thimble, clean-out T, all brackets, and cap (stove and all components were only one month old/ 3 fires/bought off of a forum member). So I guess I have got my fair share of deals.

I also picked up a new 30 NCL today from a listing on Craigs List in MN. I had to drive to St. Cloud to pick it up after several calls to the seller to verify the stove model. This is the 2nd one we have bought, the first went to our Daughters home, I think we will keep this one for our use. The seller has another NC30 along with a few smaller 13 units. He has had these in storage for a few years & the one we picked up was without the Pedestal
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/app/2857451635.html

Jacksnipe - that there is a deal!!

As far as someone getting fired for this appening every year it's not going to happen and doubful it will stop. HD is making money and so is Englander - LOTS!

Believe me - no one is being hurt by this deal. Englander gets to sell stoves through HD which they do not want to loose at any cost because they sell more Englander stoves than probably all other outlets combined. HD gets the great price based on volume.

There are plenty of other stove companies lined up to take the Englander's spot at HD if this stopped and the same thing would happen with theirs.

I will believe that when it applies to every store. Not just one in New York last year and the one in Bristol this year. :lol:

Never happens with a store that does not stock the stoves.

how's the price of the 13-NCH at $649? my local store is getting $1049 but all these different prices makes me wonder what's what. thanks..

toonces said:
how's the price of the 13-NCH at $649? my local store is getting $1049 but all these different prices makes me wonder what's what. thanks..

Like anybody here can tell ya why Home Depot does anything? Just kidding but who knows??

Yah, go figure. Their web site is really slow for me too. Seems to be a lost child for the company, or a second level supported item for a brick and mortar company. I buy lots of lumber and hardware from them, as they have good prices and they have a lot of stores locally.

Even though it is the end of the burning season, and unless we have another nuclear winter like last year and I burn though June again (I still have 6 inches of snow on the ground here from storms this week) I ordered up an England 30-NCH (called a 2,200 sq ft wood stove on the receipt) from Bristol, Virginia yesterday before someone figures it out and removes this deal off the internet. I almost bought one from Harrisburg, PA for for $899, which is still a deal. Here locally they list for $1,199. That is a whopping $550 discount, and likely what they are wholesale. Never mind the shipping, which would be a couple hundred here from the factory. It is also cheaper than the 13-NC model which I was considering.

Again, go figure, and jump on this if you are looking at an England 30, which seems to be one of the better ones out there for the price. They are also HUD approved for use in a manufactured/mobile home when installed with the pedistal and OAK and set-backs, they are EPA approved, and they meet WA state certification standards. Here in Oregon you cannot sell a home with a wood stove that is not EPA or Oregon/DEQ approved. It either has to be removed by the seller before the sale, or by the seller or buyer during/after escrow and scrapped.

Update: My England 30 stove was supposed to be delivered today in the 4 hour window, but they did not show up. I called the delivery company and they managed to track down the goons delivering it. Supposed to be here in another hour or so (3 hours late). I looked online and HD lists the stove with free basic shipping now, and not threshold shipping which is what I got. No 4 hour delivery window for basic shipping, would have probably been better. No beer for these guys... where the fork are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.