Englander zip code dealio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: My England 30 stove was supposed to be delivered today in the 4 hour window, but they did not show up. I called the delivery company and they managed to track down the goons delivering it. Supposed to be here in another hour or so (3 hours late). I looked online and HD lists the stove with free basic shipping now, and not threshold shipping which is what I got. No 4 hour delivery window for basic shipping, would have probably been better. No beer for these guys... where the fork are they?

Congratulations on the new stove... Looking forward to some install pics.

Couple of nice guys were right on time with mine. And they appeared thrilled that I met them down by the road with the trailer since I knew they couldn't turn a 26' straight truck around up here. Tipped'em $20 for not wrecking my stove on the way or when putting it in the trailer. Much better handling than with FedEx freight on the first one.

Well two crazy Russians finally delivered the stove. They had not a clue as to what they were doing, but I managed to get them to haul it up to my porch, and since it was there it was just as easy to roll it into the living room and set it on the shipping pallet next to the stone hearth where it will be going. These are heavy suckers... here is a photo of the two stoves, old and new. The new one is 'smaller' but actually the fireboxes are about the same size. The ES heat side shields that add 2 inches on either side.

new and old stoves.jpg

Congrats and here's yer shirt.

englander t shirt.jpg

Thanks to this post. I just got this for my grandfather for 689 tax included free shipping from the bristol store. delivered right inside his home local home depot price still 1199. This stove is replacing an old Nashua that is basicall warped and burnt out with no gaskets.
He probably won't know what to do with his self not having to feed it with a wheel barrow load every hour! Hoping over the weekend, to get this installed for him

An Englander 30 and an MS361? You seem to be on the right track...

when you get ready to transfer he stove up on to the hearth, you can make the lift easier by removing the bricks and the door. bricks are "self explanatory" in removal. the door just lifts off the hinges(be careful of the glass) set them aside. this will make the stove close to 80 lbs lighter and a much easier "handle" to manuver the unit into place.

BTW , thanks for choosing one of my products, welcome to the ESW family!

Reviving this thread anyone around know of the 649 price today?

unlikely this time of year as we are entering the burning season - this is typically a spring, get them off the floor deal to make room for the lawn mowers.

If you go to the HD website and play with zip codes you can find the best deal out there and then just have them ship it - shipping is free to anywhere. I tried to get my local HD to match the price in Virginia last year to give them a chance at the sale but the would not/could not do it. Instead of having to pick it up and unload it myself I had HD ship it ti my door from 5 states away. Silly, but that is the Dealio

Oh, I know how this works because I think I am the one who brought this to everyone's attention a while ago....however I was hoping someone would do the leg work for me.;-)

Deal was gone a long time ago. Closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.