England's Stove Works 25-PDVC issues... pls help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dustybones112

Mar 18, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hey everyone. The girlfriend and I just moved into a new house that came with a 25-PDVC. We burned fine all winter long once we figured out which pellets the stove likes, but about a week ago we ran into some trouble. We got home from work one evening and went to turn on our stove only to be greeted by the sound of the lower auger turning but no combustion fan operation. Being relatively handy and not afraid to tinker with things I figured I'd have a go at fixing it myself. After some googling I cut off the junky bit of the silicone hose, and checked continuity in the vacuum switch. The vacuum switch itself seems to be in perfect working order so my next step was to pull the combustion motor and check to see how that looked. It's not new by any means but it looks operational so i took it out to the garage and hooked it up to a 120v power supply. Here comes the reason for my concern... the fan worked fine when it was supplied power. That had me worried so took my volt meter in and checked the supplied power from the control board to the combustion motor and the voltage jumped all over the place. Does anyone have any thoughts of what might be going on? I did run diagnostic mode and it also gave me some bizarre results. Lower auger motor and room blower worked fine, but I got nothing from the upper auger motor and the combustion blower. Any insight would be great, thanks guys!

This got posted to the wrong forum. Moved to the pellet forum for better help.

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
Sounds like a new control board is in your future. One way to confirm would be to look at your existing board and see if anything has let the magic smoke out.

Eric

Reactions: Ssyko
I have to agree with Eric, sounds like an opto is in hysterics or the prom has been corrupted. Is the stove on a surge protector?
many of us here use this one