Enough is Enough: Woodstock Call Out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sympathize that the OP's stove arrived later than WS said and was damaged when received and he as a right to voice his concerns.
But I think it's crossing a line when his signature bashes the company on every unrelated post.

At least on this thread the whole story comes out and the reader can decide for himself.

What I don't get is that back in July, the OP posted a thread about stove recommendations for his home in Colorado and of his list of stoves he liked, the Ideal Steel wasn't #1. In fact it was last on his list. He even proceeded to list several reasons about how ordering from Woodstock would be the LEAST ideal situation for him. And so he goes ahead and orders the Woodstock anyways and now he is super upset because the stove was (likely) damaged in shipping and all of a sudden Woodstock is a crap company. I guess I find it funny despite all the advice he was given he went ahead and did the thing anyways. Sounds like to me this whole rant is his way of lashing out at himself for making the wrong choice because he was too impatient to wait for the stove he really wanted and he will likely get that one now but because it's backordered till sometime in 2022 he will be out a stove this winter. TLDR: guy was impatient, ordered the wrong stove which was damaged somehow and now blames the company for his mistake.
This is merely a projection of his own frustration for the whole experience and need to place blame on someone that is not himself.

Reactions: WoodBurnerInWI
I sympathize that the OP's stove arrived later than WS said and was damaged when received and he as a right to voice his concerns.
But I think it's crossing a line when his signature bashes the company on every unrelated post.

At least on this thread the whole story comes out and the reader can decide for himself.

I agree, anyone would be frustrated by delays in getting their product and then product finally arrives and is damaged and you have no clue if product was damaged in shipping or was sent damaged. Voicing your displeasure is perfectly fine but if you're going to straight up say the company did this to me, it's all their fault then...

You need proof that they are responsible for the issues! Photos would be an obvious form to document things... Didn't take any of the stove when it arrived? When you first took it out of the crate? Was the stove even in a crate? A photo would prove many things! After you took the stove out and saw the damage, which you claim was super obvious, why in the world would you or someone else install it? Did you pay for someone to haul the stove to you and then install it?

Do you have copies of any emails Woodstock sent when the stove was picked up by the trucking company? I have several emails regarding the shipment of my stove, gave me tons of info about my order. And the trucking company called me when the stove arrived at their freight depot. When I picked it up, they allowed me to inspect it, even helped me take some of the crate material off so I could see the main body and most pieces. All looked good to me so I signed off on it and took it home. Uncrated the rest when I got home, didn't see anything that would send me into a rage. Hell a month into using the stove for the first time I thought my main door gasket looked a bit off. I called them up and they sent me, for FREE, a new gasket plus cement. I didn't have to show photos of my issue to them to get the gasket but did have some to point out the area I thought was an issue.

Woodstock is going to take care of you, no need to worry about that. Not only will they refund you in full but they will pay for and arrange for the stove to come back to NH. They will go over everything with a fine tooth comb to determine if the damage was on their end or due to shipping. They will for sure go after the shipping company either way.

Having photos of the damage and documentation of their communication regarding your original shipping date should be sufficient enough if they were to shockingly deny your refund request.

I think it's crossing a line when his signature bashes the company on every unrelated post.
Yeah, can you imagine how I would be moderated if I were to diss a particular stove brand in my sig? ;)
Be careful using those big words Woody, but this is a great reminder to take 5 and check things.
As you know, I'm always (usually?) careful, and I always (usually) use sizeable words whenever the opportunity arises. Plenty of smilies, too.. ;lol
And I think you could probably guess the brand to which I'm referring. ;)
Nice to hear from you kenny. "Luv ya. Mean it." ==c Happy '21-'22 burning to you. :ZZZ

Reactions: kennyp2339
I would like to point out to the op in his first post about ordering a Woodstock you said you expected 12 to 14 weeks. Ordered it early Aug and got it late oct. That seems right inline with your expectations to me.

Woodstock has been nothing but great for me. I have had my stove for some years now, and I've called them a few times for this or that, new cat, new gaskets, etc., and I've been treated great and had the best service. Once my wife and I happened to be far northeast and stopped in at Woodstock and with no prior notice were given the grand tour and etc. I would not hesitate to recommend them and their stoves to anyone. Any company can have a bad shipping/delivery problem on something and while I can understand the disappointment after waiting to get the stove, WS will take back any stove one is unhappy with. Or, they used to. I bought my stove 8 years ago, and I ordered it in Sept. and I believe it arrived around early December. They build these stoves by hand, and I did not see hundreds of stoves sitting around waiting to be purchased when I visited them. I just had a guitar built for me, and it took 8 months. My wife bought a new Toyota, last fall, and it too 8 months to get here. We deal with it.

There is a truck driver shortage/strike going on right now. I wouldn't want to order anything that is fragile right now, it's just poor timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.