Enviro EF2 Auger Slow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Advisor

Jan 13, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Hello people! I have an Enviro EF2 with a problem. The auger is not feeding fast enough even on the high feed rate setting. When I have no pellets in the system the auger turns quicker. I did replace the top and bottom brass bushing and I did clean the auger. The motor doesnt seem to slip it it just seems to struggle when the auger is primed with pellets.

Any suggestions message away!

Thank you!

I just emptied all the pellets removed the auger and installed it back. It turns nice and easy. When i put the pellets back in the hopper its almost impossible to turn the auger by hand is this normal i wonder? Could the auger be worn down letting some pellets jam between auger and auger tube? Im puzzled.

Have you tried lubing the motor itself, especially the bearings for the armature? The auger will be difficult to turn when loaded with pellets; that is normal. Try to find the RPMs your auger should be turning, and see if yours is up to par, with and without pellets. When my motor needed oiling, the auger turned a little bit slower (I had to actually time it to tell), and the heat output was way low.

The EF2 uses a standard Enviro 1RPM motor. Did you put power directly to it and time the rotation? Also, the dial a fire may not be delivering proper voltage to turn the motor. Lastly, there is an auger timer block to check out too. First thing, see if the motor spins one rpm in a minute with full power applied directly to the motor, then branch out from there. Enviro has a nice ts guide on their website for the EF2/3 series. Good luck with her, she is a quality stove, a workhorse of a heater.

enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf

As stovelark stated, need to isolate what specifically is causing the slowing of the auger. Let us know how you make out!