Enviro M55 - First Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletdude

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Afternoon,

I know the procedure is to post picks of the New Stove - here is the New ENVIRO M55 running in the shop. I have to say this is an impressive stove. High Heat and extremely quiet. The only noise you here is the agitator in the burn pot with a slight hum and the pellets falling in the pot. The blower is almost silent. I will keep you posted on other fuels we burn.

I am getting in ACIA berry pits this week from Brazil - I send pics as soon as I get them burning.

Steve

Attachments

• Enviro M55.jpg
    Enviro M55.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,314
pelletdude said:
Afternoon,

I know the procedure is to post picks of the New Stove - here is the New ENVIRO M55 running in the shop. I have to say this is an impressive stove. High Heat and extremely quiet. The only noise you here is the agitator in the burn pot with a slight hum and the pellets falling in the pot. The blower is almost silent. I will keep you posted on other fuels we burn.

I am getting in ACIA berry pits this week from Brazil - I send pics as soon as I get them burning.

Steve

Really Nice! They said on the website: One of the best fires in the industry!

I think I believe them, Very nice fire from a pellet burner.

Please post a photo of the flame with the ACIA pits. And post on the overall performance of them. With all the people drinking the juice maybe we can get them someday!

What heat setting are you running that on??

If I didn't already have an Omega hmmm! My Mom's been interested in saving on her oil??? No promises but I will spread the word!

jay

Jay,

I bumped it up to 5 for the photo. I was burning ACP's to get rid of them. The heat at 3 was very good. What I am impressed with is the width of the flame. The burn pot is huge and spreads the pellets out over the bottom. As I said - this is a very quiet stove for the size. More heat than the St. Croix and quieter.

Along with the Acia pit results, I would like to see it burn a better pallet on the 3 setting. After all the average user wouldn't use the 5 setting unless it was 20 below and blowing!

With that stove on 5 and the weather being moderate, You must have been sweating bullets in there. I bet even with those crappy pellets she was pushing out some heat!

You have any corn to try in it???

jay

M55 Burning 10% moisture wheat on heat setting 3. Very nice flame and good heat. The agitator moved the wheat lava around nicely. So far we have burned Super Premium Pellets, Crap pellets and now wheat. We have ACIA berry pits coming this week. Keep you posted.

Steve

Attachments

• 2009_1014M55wheat0004.jpg
    2009_1014M55wheat0004.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 2009_1014M55wheat0007.jpg
    2009_1014M55wheat0007.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,080
Forgot the picture of the wheat

Attachments

• 2009_1014M55wheat0003.jpg
    2009_1014M55wheat0003.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,071
Nice fire even with the wheat. I need to try that one of these days.

How was the heat compared to the pellets?

jay

pelletdude said:
M55 Burning 10% moisture wheat on heat setting 3. Very nice flame and good heat. The agitator moved the wheat lava around nicely. So far we have burned Super Premium Pellets, Crap pellets and now wheat. We have ACIA berry pits coming this week. Keep you posted.

Steve

Steve, where did you get the wheat, and what was the cost?

A guy that combines corn for a living grows some on his farm - only 8-10 acres. He harvested some.

Status
Not open for further replies.