Enviro Max, the best place to pick up venting supplies?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dtml

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
CT
I'm looking for the best place to purchase venting supplies for Enviro Max, online, big box stores, or dealers?

Thanks in advance for all your help, ;-)

1D

1D,

I had great fast service from Dynamite Buys online.

Use their site and make a list of what you need.
Then call them and discuss prices.

I was able to save a significant amount from listed retail.

http://www.dynamitebuys.com/

My vent arrived on Cape Cod in two days and was exactly what I ordered.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

If its a brand new Maxx, Its gonna need 4" exhaust. Most box stores only carry 3". Probably going to need to order online or local dealer.

Take a look at the ICC venting. I have heard many say its a no leak right from the get go. No tape/goop except at the stove adapter. PVP is the most commom brand, But many have reported leaks at joints and seams. YMMV.

I got my 4 inch Duravent Pellet-Vent-Pro pipes from Dynamite Buys......best price I could find and fast shipping. My Pellet-Vent-Pro pipes are the later design, with the silicone "O" ring, and do not leak.

1Dtml said:
I'm looking for the best place to purchase venting supplies for Enviro Max, online, big box stores, or dealers?

1D

The MAXX Distribution Kit is now available , you install on top of the MAXX and use (2) 4" ducts into existing System.
Part # 50-2536
$280.00 + tax and shipping

pelletdude said:
1Dtml said:

1D

The MAXX Distribution Kit is now available , you install on top of the MAXX and use (2) 4" ducts into existing System.
Part # 50-2536

Does it also fit the Maxx M?

Here is the link to a PDF of the kit.

http://tinyurl.com/75o732k

pelletdude said:
1Dtml said:

1D

Part # 50-2536

This is exciting! Wish they came out with this a few months earlier - before I basically made my own. Now it seems us Maxx owners have a legal and safe option to distribute heat rather than modding the unit and hiding from the code police!

j-takeman said:
If its a brand new Maxx, Its gonna need 4" exhaust. Most box stores only carry 3". Probably going to need to order online or local dealer.

Take a look at the ICC venting. I have heard many say its a no leak right from the get go. No tape/goop except at the stove adapter. PVP is the most commom brand, But many have reported leaks at joints and seams. YMMV.

Are there any online sources for ICC venting?

Pelleting In NJ said:
I got my 4 inch Duravent Pellet-Vent-Pro pipes from Dynamite Buys......best price I could find and fast shipping. My Pellet-Vent-Pro pipes are the later design, with the silicone "O" ring, and do not leak.

How do I tell if what I'm pricing has the "O" ring design?

1Dtml said:
j-takeman said:

Are there any online sources for ICC venting?

I haven't found any online sources yet. Maybe another member has one???

1Dtml said:
Pelleting In NJ said:

How do I tell if what I'm pricing has the "O" ring design?

There are 2 different pellet vents.

Simpson makes Pellet Vent (has a rope gasket inside channel)

Then there is Pellet Vent Pro.. All Pellet vent pro has a silicone gasket on the inside of the female channel. Even the PVP leaks... I would buy ICC if you care about looks.

Otherwise buy some High Temp RTV and/or High Temp Foil Tape with your order.

Stay away from Simpson Duravent (Pellet Vent, and Pellet Vent Pro). I have PVP which has the O rings, those joints are just fine, not a bit of leakage from them at all.

All the factory seams on the other hand? Forget it. Had to put tape or silicone over every last one of them.

It's farking garbage.

Did some quick research, ICC Chimney makes "ExcelPellet" venting that you have recommended.

http://www.icc-rsf.com/

I have some local stove companies that carry these, and as a matter of fact it is what the installer used for my GCI60 insert install.

Keep the information flowing for I love to learn. ;-)

Thanks to all for the help,

1D

My Pellet Vent Pro appears well made, seams, gaskets, with a tight fit and no leaks. I can't imagine how it could be any better made. Maybe it depends on which factory makes it, they have at least two locations.

I also have PVP 4" on my M55C-FS

No RTV or tape = no leaks.

Guess I got lucky.

I ordered what I needed for vent and wanted factory black pipe.

They were out of stock on the 60" PVP 4". I took a 60" galv and painted it myself.

Scuffed it with a Scotch-Brite pad.
Wiped it down with lacquer thinner
Painted it with Rutland Black 1200 deg. Stove Paint.

It matches the factory paint on the other vent sections no problem.

All in all a great buy.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.