Enviro Mini observations....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Ran the Mini for its fist overnight run last night (shoulder season won't end here), and am very impressed with its heat output. Ran it at 3 of 5, and the upper level of the house was 22.5C come morning (outside -10C with a stiff breeze), with only about a half bag burned over 10 hours. I'm going to try it at level 2 next time and see how it performs. For a small stove, it really puts out the heat.
My initial concern was that it may be too small a stove for the upper level of the house, as it is right on upper limit of what the manual specifies for square footage, but my concerns were put to rest last night. I can only iamgine what heat level 5 would be like.
For what its worth - anyone looking for a small stove pellet stove, I would highly recommend the Mini. Small stove, big heat.

Nice.... Glad you are liking the Pellet heat. Some cord wood burners hate them and say they dont put out the heat like a woodstove. Which is kinda true. Its not a Nuclear heat. Its a steady heat thats constant and in my opinion does a better job of making the home comfortable.

Im sure it will hold its own on level 5. But you should be glad you dont need it. Properly sized stove in a good spot in the house is priceless.

DexterDay said:
Nice.... Glad you are liking the Pellet heat. Some cord wood burners hate them and say they dont put out the heat like a woodstove. Which is kinda true. Its not a Nuclear heat. Its a steady heat thats constant and in my opinion does a better job of making the home comfortable.

Im sure it will hold its own on level 5. But you should be glad you dont need it. Properly sized stove in a good spot in the house is priceless.

It is a different heat, but its a nice even heat. I'm a wood burner, and love the "punch you in the face" heat of the woodstove, but for a nice steady overnight burn on a cold night were a wood stove would have burned down, and left the upsatirs chilly - the pellet heat is great to wake up to. Theres something to be said for the automation of it all, too.

Sounds like its running better than a chevy... :lol:

Have you put a thermostat on the stove yet?
You can run it at a constant temperature and the stove which can burn high/low or on/off.
I prefer high/low
Set and forget it.

jamesdjs said:
Have you put a thermostat on the stove yet?
You can run it at a constant temperature and the stove which can burn high/low or on/off.
I prefer high/low
Set and forget it.

A thermostat is my next project. I'd like for the pellet stove to kick on once the wood stove has burned down during the night. Thats the plan, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.