Enviro Windsor Won't Run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ssysko, I've had a couple of attempts to get a good clear picture. If you would like me to try again to get a clearer view of any particular area, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 116
Good pics;) ill put them up on the big screen when i get home after an install tonight and see if ther is anything obvious ( the resistor next to the transformer looks like its been warm). do you have a soldering station?

I have a soldering iron but have limited experience of using it. My major diy experience has been keeping a 70s US superbeetle on the road for the past couple of decades

Lol awesome I’ve had 6 bugs. If you can work on them you can fix anything. I just wanted to see if the drop down transformer is wired in series or parallel. Also i need the year stove was made

Ssysko, I can't remember the exact date we got the stove. I think it was around 2006 but I'm not sure. I downloaded this manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/47837/Enviro-Windsor-50-1578.html#manual for a 2007 and it appears correct. My board has one fuse as shown in this manual and I think some earlier ones had two fuses.
I got a better flue cleaning brush today and that didn't make any difference so it looks like the board is most likely the problem.
Please don't feel under pressure to get back to me immediately as I'm going away on holiday until Sunday, although I will have internet access.

Thats cool im going to do some more digging. Enjoy your holliday :cool:

I didn't know about the reset bottom, but thought I would take a look for it before setting out on holiday. I pressed it and the stove has just started and run normally. Many thanks to JRemington for the suggestion which didn't appear on the list for "Number 2 light flashing". I really appreciate your help. I am also very grateful to Ssysko, MalcolmH and Johneh for your efforts to help me. Given the age of the stove it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't too long before I need your advice again. I wish I had tried the forum earlier rather than spending the last year trying to find somebody willing to look at the stove!

Reactions: Ssyko
Awesome!! Good call Jeff, i don’t have a clue how the high limit tripped but im glad you piped in :)

Marcas glade your stove is up and running
Jeff good catch

Reactions: Ssyko