Extending my stacking area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie Gumtree

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2012
just got the all clear, to add some new rows to my ever bulging stacks, from the CFO.

I managed to get and extra 10 pallets in there (~ 36 feet long.) These are stacked 3 rows to a pallet (~ 4 foot), but they can only go 5 feet high, to the top of the fence line (CFO Rules). Its not quite full yet but not far off. i looked at the estimator and it worked out ~ 5.5 cords - it doesn't look like that much to me - what do you guys think?

CAM00424.jpg CAM00425.jpg CAM00426.jpg CAM00427.jpg

Reactions: splitoak
The math is correct, you will have just over 5.5 cords if you stack it 5' high and 4' wide.

I like that method. I have one stack 64 ft. long and 3 ft. wide. Maybe I'll add another row:)

64 ft. lon
wow - i liked it as well - you only have to end crib every 36 foot :cool: as you can see my wood is all over the place regards size and shape and its quite interesting trying to stack especially the ends.

The only downsize is that it takes some time to fill - i thought it would never end i kept bringing more and more scrounged wood but the pile never seemed to get any bigger.:eek: all good now i can see the end.

wow - i liked it as well - you only have to end crib every 36 foot :cool: as you can see my wood is all over the place regards size and shape and its quite interesting trying to stack especially the ends.

The only downsize is that it takes some time to fill - i thought it would never end i kept bringing more and more scrounged wood but the pile never seemed to get any bigger.:eek: all good now i can see the end.
I still crib the end at 8 ft. Just for stability.

Looks nice...and warm.

Were due another heat wave this week - way to hot to split and stack but i am picking up some more on the way home - make hay whilst the sun shines :cool:
upload_2014-1-29_15-38-48.png

Hmmmm. 13F here right now.

Were due another heat wave this week - way to hot to split and stack but i am picking up some more on the way home - make hay whilst the sun shines :cool:
View attachment 125683

looking good auzzie...

I drove to work via kallista and sherbrooke forest this morning and there were heaps of trees and branches down on the side of the road. You might want to go for a quick drive in the triton tonight!

I drove to work via kallista and sherbrooke forest this morning and there were heaps of trees and branches down on the side of the road. You might want to go for a quick drive in the triton tonight!
There is quite a bit there but it needs cutting to length. I don't like cutting unless i have to. I still have a number of leads for wood which is already cut to length just needs throwing into the back of the Ute. This load is just down the road from work and 'free' Not sure what it is though. I'm becoming a wood snob ;sick

$_20.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.