F500 stove top gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yxk125

Dec 8, 2022
Hoping someone can help me out. I took the top off of our Oslo to replace the baffle and insulation blanket. In the process of doing that the gasket on the top started falling off, it appeared that there wasn't any cement holding it in, is this normal? I started laying out a new gasket to replace it since it looked shredded on the corners and it appears to just stay in place and I'm wonder if I need to use gasket cement or not. Thanks!

Hoping someone can help me out. I took the top off of our Oslo to replace the baffle and insulation blanket. In the process of doing that the gasket on the top started falling off, it appeared that there wasn't any cement holding it in, is this normal? I started laying out a new gasket to replace it since it looked shredded on the corners and it appears to just stay in place and I'm wonder if I need to use gasket cement or not. Thanks!
I would use gasket cement.

If its falling off, then its most likely shot. That gasket is very important on that particular stove. The old F500s are notorious for cracked tops and bottoms.

It is 3/8 Jotul Gasket. And you will need some cement.

Mine did the same thing. The gasket itself was in fine shape (just got the stove in late 2020), just fell out of the lid when I took the lid off. Definitely did not seem to be any cement holding it in place. I picked up some gasket cement today