Fair Price for Harman Accentra Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmarazita

Jun 15, 2011
Southern California
I am in the market to buy a pellet stove and found a Harman Accentra stove for sale locally. It is used and I don't have much info about it yet except that it is "in good working order and cosmetically in very good shape" according to the seller. I have attached a photo of the stove.

I am looking to get some advice on a fair price for the stove. Also, is this a good quality stove? And, what sorts of things should I be looking out for when I go inspect the stove?

Thanks!

Bill

Harman Pellet Stove.jpg

what's the asking price?

Get the cash and go fire it up and let it run till the fan runs. If it does, load it and go and don't look back because the owner may try and run you down to get it back. Looks like it even has some venting!

How old is the stove? If it works $1000 is a good price you could offer a 100 less but if it works I would buy that stove. Harmans are the top of the line imo.
You could put the stove on test mode and listen to the fans. If you want to run it bring some pellets with you and fire it up and listen to the auger for any strange noise.

Last edited:
That seems like a pretty good price. If all is in working order, I wouldn't fart around too much or it'll likely get snapped up.

Tons of help on here if you need it.

That seems like a pretty good price. If all is in working order, I wouldn't fart around too much or it'll likely get snapped up.

AGREE. That stove would of been history around here so don't think about it too long.

I am in the market to buy a pellet stove and found a Harman Accentra stove for sale locally. It is used and I don't have much info about it yet except that it is "in good working order and cosmetically in very good shape" according to the seller. I have attached a photo of the stove.

I am looking to get some advice on a fair price for the stove. Also, is this a good quality stove? And, what sorts of things should I be looking out for when I go inspect the stove?

Thanks!

Bill

View attachment 125505
Accentas put out about 40000 btu, is that in line with your needs ? How large is your house in sq ft. ? IE is the stove a match for your house ? Assuming that and what others have asked, then bu it yes.

Well, unfortunately, the seller will not return any emails. I will keep looking.

Thanks!
Ok, the seller called me. I went and looked at the stove and I bought it! I'm the proud new owner of a used Harman Accentra pellet stove. I got about 12' of pipe, a tin full of pellets, and some other accoutrement. I'm very excited! But, I think I will need some help. Does anybody know some place on the Internet I can find some help? HA!

In looking at the stove, it appears to need a good cleaning, but otherwise it seems to be in very good condition. I will take some good pictures as soon as I can get it out of my truck (darn this thing is heavy!) I will need some guidance from you all in the next few weeks in order to get it cleaned and installed and in tip top condition. Thanks in advance!

Bill

p.s. Please notice my new signature line!

Last edited:
Nice! Congrats. Looking forward to seeing it installed.

Don't drop it!

Couple of hours doing a complete cleaning getting the fines box, room air fan off and properly clean and tending to anything that moves will make the used stove buy hopefully a happy one. Touch of antiseize grease on hinge pins and exhaust fan plate latch to help keep things smooth and operational for a long time. Do the dollar bill test on gaskets and if in doubt replace as gasket material and a drill driven wire brush is around $20. Easier to do it now when out of the home and in the shop. Good luck. Hey what am I saying, you got a Harman on the cheap.

man, what a deal! Those go for $2500 used around here.

Your gonna LOVE it

Ok, here are some photos of the stove and extras after I got everything out of the truck and into the garage. It appears to be pretty dirty. I will read through the link that was posted above before I start taking anything apart. But, I am assuming a shop vac is a good start point for big stuff that is in the stove? Also, is there a "best" method for cleaning the cast iron? It appears to have some drywall powder on it, and some dirt and grime.

DSCN7290.JPG DSCN7291.JPG DSCN7292.JPG DSCN7293.JPG DSCN7294.JPG DSCN7295.JPG DSCN7296.JPG DSCN7297.JPG DSCN7289.JPG DSCN7298.JPG

This works good on black stoves

Attachments

• DSCN0158.JPG
    DSCN0158.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 713
Looks like you have a winner, take the 2 back side plates off and focus on that area while you have it in an easy position to clean:cool:

Looks like you have a winner, take the 2 back side plates off and focus on that area while you have it in an easy position to clean:cool:
Well, I just watched the two videos above. Very informative and appears easy. I will get to work and see how I do.

Thanks so far!
Bill

If you can use the vent pipe that brings down the price of the stove about $200. Nice score

Status
Not open for further replies.