Fan Speeds on Harmans...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the significant features of pellets stoves is their high efficiency. Without closed loop control that efficiency goes out the vent. The purpose of a stove, or any space heater, is to heat that space not to heat itself. The closed loop must include sensing the temperature of the space in order to be efficient.
I have never understood why anybody would want to run a stove in a mode that does not regulate room temperature.

Very well said!
I agree

in stove temp mode low room fan speed equals less heat removed from the exhaust, thus less pellet consumpion for a giving exhuast temperature. thus you consume less pellts to get the esp to the set point.

in room temp your room has a set need for heat. the higher the distribution fan speed the more heat you pull out of the exhaust. if you need x BTU to meet your heating demands you will require less pellets to get it with higher distribution fan speed.

I will stand by my original statement even though I appear to be in the minority here. I respect everyone here including my fellow Harman owners too much to go point/counterpoint with you. We love our stoves and the passion shows.....

Reactions: P38X2
I will stand by my original statement even though I appear to be in the minority here. I respect everyone here including my fellow Harman owners too much to go point/counterpoint with you. We love our stoves and the passion shows.....

I don't see where there is much point to counterpoint. Pretty easy to verify. Turn up the blower and if it doesn't eat more pellets, done.

We often forget that the OP has asked a question and need to answer it.

I'm also sticking with my thoughts, specifically about room temp mode.

I gotta say, this was an enjoyable thread to read/participate in, and I most definitely agree with the comments regarding the passion we have for our stoves. While on your phone or computer, have you ever been asked "are you facebooking?" "No, I'm discussing pellet stoves" The response is always amusing. We're nutz I think ;)

Reactions: BrotherBart
I don't see where there is much point to counterpoint. Pretty easy to verify. Turn up the blower and if it doesn't eat more pellets, done.

We often forget that the OP has asked a question and need to answer it.
I view most of the posts in this thread as point/counterpoint BB.....my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.