Farmer Dylan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

08brute

Sep 30, 2009
South Dakota
My 2 y/o says he wants to be a farmer when he grows up. Here are a couple pictures of him practicing up!

(Skid loader cab by himself/ Tractor with grandpa)

And dont worry...we take extra precautions now that he is interested in these things. We now pull keys out of everything and put e-brakes on and block tires. It wouldnt take but a second for something horrible to happen.

Attachments

• Dylan Tractor.jpg
    Dylan Tractor.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 577
  • Farmer Dylan.jpg
    Farmer Dylan.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 588
There is nothing wrong with being a farmer. I saw a bumper sticker "No Farms, No Food". Oh so true !!

Great pics, and I hear you on hiding the keys :)

Yup. Get them started when they are young.

Fond memories of sitting in the seat with Grandpa plowing with the "Poppin Johnny" when I was his size.

Lucky kid!

Thanks for sharing.

pen

LOL love the straw hat! Cute kid thanx for posting!

Ray

raybonz said:
LOL love the straw hat! Cute kid thanx for posting!

Ray

Good looking boy and tractor for that matter... Kinda sad we now have to qualify our pictures with the safety precautions we take!!!

plowing with the “Poppin Johnny
Probably caused by too much grain and hay prior to commencin' plowing..........................just sayin'

The older I get the more respect I have for farmers . . . it takes a special breed of person to put in all the time and work they do . . . if more folks knew the amount of heart, soul, mind and sweat that goes into the ground so we can enjoy being well fed . . . well, in some ways it is amazing that we can buy food as cheap as we do.

"My 2 y/o says he wants to be a farmer when he grows up."

He'll be getting his man card earlier than most.
I did a lot of different things before we settled on the farm to raise the kids. My son once asked me if I was ever a doctor.
I said, "No" and he said, "Good. I don't think I'd like being a doctor." lol
My favorite picture of him was when he was about eight. He's in his bib Carharts, standing on an inverted truck hood loaded with
a dozen bales of hay, hooked to a team of horses and driving over the snow to feed the cows. He was looking back over his
shoulder at me and his face was just aglow. Now I'm weepy.

The problem with farming now days is that unless you are born into a big operation it is unlikely you will make a living farming. In NW IA we just saw land sell for $20k per acre for an 80. A neighbor who owns a lot of land once said to me "If you have to take a loan for your land you likely will not make it". Imagine having to come up with 1.6 million cash for just 80 acres! If he does take over the family farm it will likely not be his only form of income. My father works a FT job as well as farms (and owns a business), I work FT as well as help with the farming, etc. You never know though and I surely will support whatever he wants to do.

Kenny - Those moments are what it is all about. I always think about the saying "Remember the small things in life, someday you will look back and realize they were big things"

I want to be a farmer when I grow up.

Cute kid! Great pictures and good on you taking the safety precautions!

Status
Not open for further replies.