Finally...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

diesel59

Oct 19, 2015
Kentucky
Bought our stove in February and finally got through the list of priority projects and got this knocked out. Pretty pleased with the results. Can't wait to get some cooler weather to try it out!

7b48993bfd15fe88d1717d1612f57a7b.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Good job, congratulations

Reactions: diesel59
That's a very nice setting for the Isle Royale. You will be toasty warm this winter.

I really like your new install. Makes the stove pop and looks extremely functional. Great job.

huauqui

Sweeeet !

Bought our stove in February and finally got through the list of priority projects and got this knocked out. Pretty pleased with the results. Can't wait to get some cooler weather to try it out!

View attachment 199974

Love it! Thanks for sharing with us.

How's your supply of dry wood?

Isle Royale- one nice heater. Treat her well.

Love it! Thanks for sharing with us.

How's your supply of dry wood?
Have plenty of wood, but it is not all ready to burn. Will probably have to buy some from a reputable source (of there is such a thing anymore). I will have plenty next year, but behind the curve this year.

Have plenty of wood, but it is not all ready to burn. Will probably have to buy some from a reputable source (of there is such a thing anymore). I will have plenty next year, but behind the curve this year.

I'd get some soon. Test the wood before accepting unless it's been sitting in a barn for a year or two. Ash will dry pretty quickly, but white oak and hickory need a couple years to season after being split and stacked.

I'd get some soon. Test the wood before accepting unless it's been sitting in a barn for a year or two. Ash will dry pretty quickly, but white oak and hickory need a couple years to season after being split and stacked.
I plan to get it soon before everything sold is cut a few days prior :). I have quite a bit in round form that I just didn't get around to splitting this year, which makes me sick to think that I'm going to have to buy potentially sub-par wood.

Shop around and perhaps you'll find someone that has split it the year before. Just split oak or hickory is going to a be a pain to burn and a creosote maker, even if it was downed the year before.

I'll make sure I test it's moisture reading before I hand over any money. Love me some ash and there is usually a LOT around here due to EAB.

I'm a little envious. The Isle Royale was what I wanted to put in but clearances were a bit greater than I could provide for our corner install without extending the hearth. It's a great looking stove and a strong heater.

I'm a little envious. The Isle Royale was what I wanted to put in but clearances were a bit greater than I could provide for our corner install without extending the hearth. It's a great looking stove and a strong heater.
We chatted about it some before I pulled the trigger. I remember you saying that you wanted the IR but couldn't make it work. I'll let you know what I think when the temps drop and I get used to it.

I would just spend cash on compressed wood bricks rather than questionable wood suppliers pallet of those equals cord of wood. A round here about the same price as a cord of mixed hardwood at this time of year.