Fire Chief or Shelter EPA stoves feedback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Reactions: woodey
They had me put a garbage bag over my propane furnace filter I am burning kiln dried hardwood have not measured the air intake I was told I have the perfect set up 0 flaws but no heat

I know you were told that you have the perfect setup, not trying to debate the setup. What I have found that gets the most traction, whether with HY-C or folks on this forum is to post photos and videos.

Personally I use my phone and take photos just about every time I walk over to the stove. I have a 4 channel digital temp meter with thermal couples recording different points of the setup and a webcam.

I do send at least 1 to 3 emails a day to HY-C, even on the weekends ;) because wood burning is a 24/7 deal. I am sure somewhere in the warehouse at HY-C my photo is on a dart board.

I know you were told that you have the perfect setup, not trying to debate the setup. What I have found that gets the most traction, whether with HY-C or folks on this forum is to post photos and videos.

Personally I use my phone and take photos just about every time I walk over to the stove. I have a 4 channel digital temp meter with thermal couples recording different points of the setup and a webcam.

I do send at least 1 to 3 emails a day to HY-C, even on the weekends ;) because wood burning is a 24/7 deal. I am sure somewhere in the warehouse at HY-C my photo is on a dart board.
Just talked to fire chief and they told me to seal up my cold air return with the filter supposedly I am getting too much cold air into the fire box go home tonight and fix it hopefully

What?? Seal up the cold air return? Distribution blower?
My cold air return needs to be connected to the filter as of now its just sitting behind it the company that installed it didn't build a sealed box for it so instead of just getting the air from the duct work I'm also getting colder air from the basement which is causing too much cold air entering the fire box

My cold air return needs to be connected to the filter as of now its just sitting behind it the company that installed it didn't build a sealed box for it so instead of just getting the air from the duct work I'm also getting colder air from the basement which is causing too much cold air entering the fire box

I don’t know your basement layout or how cold the basement is, therefore it is hard to say they are stringing you along. However I have been told the same exact thing.

I don’t have a return duct connected, just pulling air from the basement. I do have a couple digital temperature gages placed around the basement and one prob between the distribution blower and air filter. The average basement temperature is between 73 and 79 degrees and the prob typically measures 74 degrees.

I believe the large black embers against the rear wall is from cool distribution blower temperatures.

IMG_1493.jpg