Fired up the isle Royale !!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrism said:
What's the temp I want for the stove top and the stack ???

Depends on how much heat you want. That really isn't intended as a smart-A answer, its the truth. The amount of heat produced at a 500F stove top is a WHOLE lot different than at 650-700.

For safety purposes you will want to keep the stack temp above 300 until you hit charcoal stage. Don't worry, the stove will do it for you. I will commonly hit 800+F on a probe thermo in my stack on a new start up.

You would be better served by knowing the upper and lower limits of both the stack and stove. Stay in between them and your good to go.

Stack - above 300F and below 900F
Stove top - keep it below 850F. If you follow the stack temps suggestion, you won't have to worry about the low limit for the stove.

Keep in mind that after coaling stage, non of it really matters for bottom limit. There isn't any nasty stuff left in the wood to cause a problem.

These numbers represent my operation and are simply my opinion (with some factual background).

Status
Not open for further replies.