Firemizer any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazykidbig58

Nov 4, 2014
NH
Has anyone heard of the Firemizer? I saw it in a catalog and then found www.buyfiremizer.com while looking into the product online. It seems like it should work, just curious if anyone had any real experience with using one.

This thing is intended to slow the airflow of a grated stove. If your stove doesn't have a grate (and I am not aware of any EPA stoves that do), then it is probably of no use to you. Maybe if you have an older stove that does, it could be of value, or you could pull the grate out and get the same results.

Suggestion - tell us a little bit about your stove in your sig line. It helps for the discussion.

Looks like a P T Barnum device to me. Fine mesh expanded stainless steel.

Bit late on the reply, but I have one in my fireplace and notice a difference. No idea how well it would work in a stove... (currently researching stoves)

Good for up to 6 weeks if burning 12 hours a day? So 3 weeks if 24 hours a day? At $30.00 a pop every 4 weeks or so does not sound like it would save anything .

I seem to get a better overall burn on my wood (noticeably). Definitely less ash. I only have a for going in my fireplace two or three nights a week. Whether it's worth it if you burn a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.