Fireplace Insert a Year Later After Hearth College

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last year I purchased a used regency R14 and installed it with a full liner, I cut and split my own wood and started to use the insert. I live in a split-level with my insert being downstairs. Last year I could only get the insert up to about 325 degrees and heat the downstairs to about 76. I did a great deal of research on here and learned from you all. I purchased some Kaowool and insulated the area behind the insert as well as on top of the baffle. This year the insert gets to about 500 and stays at 350-400 with the outside temps being 23 degrees........my downstairs is 85 degrees and upstairs is 76 with back bedrooms at about 70. I am having amazing burn times when compared to last year and will burn way less wood than last year with a much warmer house. Thank you to everyone here and all the great information you provide at the Hearth College.

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.