Fireplace Xtrordinair 42 Apex Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dradwan

Jan 28, 2023
New York State
We've had the 42 Apex from Fireplace Xtrordinair for 4 years and the blower started getting loud the end of last season. I removed it and cleaned/lubricated it but after 2 months, it's noisy again. I only found one place online (stoveking.com) that sells the listed model and the price is over $400. It's a 400cfm convection blower part #250-04176. Is there a recommended place for blowers and/or an option for refurbished blowers or getting it reconditioned? Or maybe a comparable model that can be fitted?

We've had the 42 Apex from Fireplace Xtrordinair for 4 years and the blower started getting loud the end of last season. I removed it and cleaned/lubricated it but after 2 months, it's noisy again. I only found one place online (stoveking.com) that sells the listed model and the price is over $400. It's a 400cfm convection blower part #250-04176. Is there a recommended place for blowers and/or an option for refurbished blowers or getting it reconditioned? Or maybe a comparable model that can be fitted?
Contact these guys and ask for Jason. Jason just helped me diagnose and lube my FPX insert fan. He also sells fan motor replacements. This guy is very knowledgable and generous with his time. Seems like a great guy.

Reactions: dradwan
Hey there,

I work at a dealer in Washington that carries this brand and the cost for us is 350 before tax but we do not ship. Using the dealer locator on their website (link below) you should be able to physically go to a dealer and pick one up for much less or even have them ship for a less costly shipping price. Hope this helps!

Reactions: dradwan