Fireside Ultra/Natures Own

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toycruiser84

Nov 22, 2010
Central Maine
Guy that works at my local Lowes said that Fireside Ultras and Natures Own is the same pellet, same company just different bags. TRUE???

funny how that works. They both say the premier pellet corp on the bag. Ive heard they are the same, but all the reviews are mixed. seems like people like the natures own more. Not too many good reviews on the fireside ultras. just have to try for yourself. Personally Ive found the natures own at lowes to be a great pellet. good heat, not too much dust.

Anything made by Energex seems to have this hit or miss thing except the green bagged Energex Ca. Seems the good stuff comes from Canada and the lesser stuff is from the US plant. So if in fact they now bag the Fireside Ultra's in the Canadian plant, They should be a much better pellet. Natures Own I believe is from Canada and did rather well for me. They are also an Energex pellet. TSC Premiers(both hard & soft) are bagged by Energex in Canada. Stove Chow maybe from both plants as we are seeing hit or miss batches(Could just be the fiber in the different batches or maybe US vs Canada)! IDK for sure.

I have 2 bags of the Energex American(with the eagle on the bag) but haven't burned them yet. But when I do open the bags and there a dark pellet it should be another good clue to the puzzle!

Status
Not open for further replies.