Fireview installed and running (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great looking job on the stove! How much to buy it used? And how much into the new Cat, gaskets, and paint? A major savings? It sure looks nice!

I also use a blanket over a rear stairway from my kitchen to the frog (family room over garage). My stove simply can't heat it all. By blocking off the FROG, the heat fills the first floor and goes up the center hall stairs to the sleeping level and all is warm.

We use a space heater in the FROG and the kids done their coats and shoes to play in the basement which also doesn't get any heat. The garage is insulated, still the room above the garage is the coldest spot in my house. Eventually, I would like to try a pellet stove in there. Right now, an Eden Pure warms it. It's a joke.

The old blanket on the doorway works for me. And the heat will eventually rise.

basswidow said:
Great looking job on the stove! How much to buy it used? And how much into the new Cat, gaskets, and paint? A major savings? It sure looks nice!

Bought the stove for $1,000. Put another $500-ish into new combustor, gaskets, paint, water steamer, heat shields, etc.

It was a major savings over spending $2300 + $200-300 in accessories for a new stove. As a bonus, I got to take the stove apart and see how it works inside. I probably put another 8-10 hours into re-gasketing, sanding, and painting the stove.

It might depend on your area but Fireviews rarely come across craigslist here in southeastern PA. I feel blessed to have found mine at the right time and at a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.