Fireview on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Found this on CL tonight, it's close by and I'm going to look at it tomorrow after work. He is asking $600 or best offer. With out seeing it person and if everything checks out good, what do you think it's worth? 173adbfb079b50fa1bd9041a7a386980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lakeside
Opps, I posted to the wrong part of the forum, can some please move this over the main forum. Thanks

You need to know how many years it was burned. Were they heating full time or not? Also try calling WS when you know some more info, they have no problem helping. It's hard to find a FV in good condition for only $600.

You need to know how many years it was burned. Were they heating full time or not? Also try calling WS when you know some more info, they have no problem helping. It's hard to find a FV in good condition for only $600.

I went to take a look at it and I had to pass. It was a old stove and the flue looked like it was 4'. You opened the top lid and there was the inside of the fire box. I don't if anything was missing or not, it just didn't look right.

I think your gut was right. When you open the top lid, you should be looking at a cat or at least the surface to mount a cat and the damper. If you were looking straight into the firebox it was gutted. Don't look back.