Fireview or stick with the NC-13?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more scientific. "Are you warm honey?" ;lol

What I never see is what kinda space folks are heating with a Fireview. I know several have swapped it for the Progress to handle the load.
I've always suspected that the Fireview and the Encore were comparable in terms of heating capacity. With the Fireview offering more consistent, and a bit longer, burn times.

Dennis, just got off the phone with him. He's mulling it over. I expect a counter offer, but he'll have to get used to disappointment, I'm not going higher.
I'd go up to a thousand to get it, assuming he ran it right and it's in good shape. Isn't the $700 you expect to get for a used 13 a little high as well? Regardless, you'll make up the cash you lay out now in wood savings and longer burn times would be worth quite a bit, to me anyway. How long the Fv can go in your place, I can't say. I know you live at elevation, probably windy, burning softwoods, but that's a small space and if it's well-insulated....
You've got total control with that stove. I certainly enjoyed running it, and its larger capacity compared to my Keystone. Get the Fv, you'll be glad you did. >>

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Dennis, just got off the phone with him. He's mulling it over. I expect a counter offer, but he'll have to get used to disappointment, I'm not going higher. I'll keep this posted If I get it.
Heck, maybe I'll be the one to end the old debate about Woodstock vs. Blaze King? :rolleyes:!!!

Not a chance. That debate will never end for some, but that is okay with me so long as it is friendly debate and not argument. Both stoves have good points.

Reactions: Tenn Dave
i sold an NC13 not long ago for $400 (i think) and was glad to get it

Mine is new, still on the original pallet. One of our welders has already offered $650. No sales tax, no shipping, and I'll help him install it.
But, I doubt I'll hear back from the Fireview guy, so it probably will go in for this winter.

Reactions: alforit
Status
Not open for further replies.