first burn in the new lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobie

Dec 5, 2013
Guilford, CT
Finally had a day last week to start a small fire to cure the paint on our lopi endeavor.

This is our second year burning. Last year was just a small vc intrepid ll which really only heated the room it was in and the kitchen. And having electic heat, the house was kept pretty cool.

Hopefully this will keep wifey happy.

We're hoping for another bitterly cold and long winter.....ok, not really.
Just anxious to see what this baby can do.

photo-5-1.jpg

Last winter was our first winter with our Endeavor - what a difference it made compared to our pervious stove! Last year was COLD and we managed to stay warmer and burn less wood than we did the year before heating with our All Nighter. We burned a full cord less with the Endeavor! When the planets were aligned, we would luck out with a really good burn in the 10 hour range. Every once in a while I could squeak a 12 hour burn out of it but that was rare. Most often, an 8 hour burn was typical. Enough to get some sleep without having to feed the thing in the middle of the night. [note: the planets being aligned and luck was always related to the quality of our wood. Big difference between 20% MC and 25%. One wouldn't think that is very much but apparently it is].

As much as I like the Endeavor, I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about trading it out for an BK Ashford 30. Those long burn times would be yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.