First burn tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Leyden is the first stove I looked at. The dealer steered me toward the Cape Cod but Webby's comments turned me off to it. That plus the really crappy way Lopi responded to my concerns. But I know they make some good stoves. I like the top loading option on that guy and it looks really nice fired up like that.
I have had that pellet stove for 6 years now. She has been great, bought it with us when we moved to our new house in May and had her installed this morning in our sitting room. Figured I'd burn the alloys and oils out of the vent pipe tonight plus it's going to dip into the high 30's here in Ct tonight.

The PE Summit is cruising along across the hall too and it's like a sauna in my house. The upstairs bedrooms are quite toasty. Curious how this 2 headed heat monster is going to perform in the cold snaps of midwinter. My 1st thought was to use the Pellets for the shoulder season and have the thermostat set as a back up for the wife and kids during the day

I have had that pellet stove for 6 years now. She has been great, bought it with us when we moved to our new house in May and had her installed this morning in our sitting room. Figured I'd burn the alloys and oils out of the vent pipe tonight plus it's going to dip into the high 30's here in Ct tonight.

The PE Summit is cruising along across the hall too and it's like a sauna in my house. The upstairs bedrooms are quite toasty. Curious how this 2 headed heat monster is going to perform in the cold snaps of midwinter. My 1st thought was to use the Pellets for the shoulder season and have the thermostat set as a back up for the wife and kids during the day

The Leyden's a pellet stove? Must be a different model I'm think of. Looked just like that. A top loader but it burned wood. The dealer said the glass gets black; I don't recall why. But it seemed like a well made little stove. The Liberty wasn't the look we wanted but also seemed a well made stove.

The Leyden's a pellet stove? Must be a different model I'm think of. Looked just like that. A top loader but it burned wood. The dealer said the glass gets black; I don't recall why. But it seemed like a well made little stove. The Liberty wasn't the look we wanted but also seemed a well made stove.
Yep, it's funny because if you go to the dealer and walk by the wood ones it's really hard to tell them apart. I can't stress enough what a dependable stove she is. Just went through a few igniters other than that she has been a joy

Yes Jasper you are out of luck looking for a Blaze King dealer in upstate NC, or anywhere near there. Wie Schade I would like to look at one.

Being new to all this, I'm not familiar with the Buck. Can you post a photo?
image.jpg

3 hours in with 20# of Redstone bricks,three in a pack from TSC.
T-stat/air closed after 1/2 hour. Lowest setting.
redstone001_zps8e805ede.jpg

redstone002_zpsf05e8b46.jpg

redstone003_zpsc56bdcc6.jpg

redstone004_zpse1e80d61.jpg

I'm sorry I meant to put the above post in the BK thread.

I had my first burn of the season tonight, too. It wasn't really necessary. I just was in the mood, so I built a small fire and drank a couple of Stellas. Kind of a wimpy first fire, ultimately a nice night.

I really wanted to burn a load this weekend, but the wife talked me out of it. Good thing too, our A/C kicked on yesterday afternoon.

This morning was the first burn of the season. Temps will get up to 70 today, but it was very chilly inside and I wanted to warm up the downstairs before everyone else woke up. And I think I just wanted to start a fire.

This morning it was 45 and raining. Threw some kindling and a few pieces of Boxelder in the stove and fired it up.
Took care of the chill and was out by the time it warmed up outside.
Never did this with my old stove, unless there were already hot coals in there.

First real fires and I learned that this stove can throw a lot of heat. Did low burns with uglies and big saw mill slabs and got the the den, kitchen, and hallway really warm fast. I will have to play around with some fans to see if I can get the heat moved around some. I can't wait for some real cold weather to really load it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.