First fire for 2014

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioBurner©

Minister of Fire
Aug 20, 2010
Center of Ohio
IMG_8623-1280.JPG

Just thought I'd share the pic. Been burning the pellet stove but it started acting funny so fired up the woodstove today while I figure out whats going on with the PS. Got a bunch of junky wood to burn up on the porch anyhow. Cruising along nice at 650F.
party0031_zpsa09bd8ce.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 144450

Just thought I'd share the pic. Been burning the pellet stove but it started acting funny so fired up the woodstove today while I figure out whats going on with the PS. Got a bunch of junky wood to burn up on the porch anyhow. Cruising along nice at 650F.
Congratulation , love reading how others are doing. Just wondering How are you measuring your temps on that insert ?

Last edited:
View attachment 144450

Is that a Jotul C350? Looks just like mine that I have going.

Congratulation , love reading how others are doing. Just wondering How are you measuring your temps on that insert ?
IR gun into the vent slot, basically top center of the firebox.

Is that a Jotul C350? Looks just like mine that I have going.
In my sig, C550

Nice. It's in the high 20's here. The past few cold ones. I fire up the woodstove late afternoon and run that until it burns out and I have my pellet stove thermo set for 67 so it kicks on and we go with that during the day until the late afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.