First Load for the year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbunzx

Feb 25, 2010
Forreston IL
This was the first load of 12 for the year. The next 11 will be with my dump trailer. the rest of the pictures are some of the wood I'm cutting from. It's from a friends timber all the wood was standing dead that he has pushed down. Need to get all I can.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 302
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 291
Get it while the gettins good,lol.

Why do they call your town Forreston? Looks like the prairie to me.

Looks like the gettin is good so enjoy it.

xbunzx said:
This was the first load of 12 for the year. The next 11 will be with my dump trailer. the rest of the pictures are some of the wood I'm cutting from. It's from a friends timber all the wood was standing dead that he has pushed down. Need to get all I can.

Nice score xbunzx, what type of wood is it?

zap

It's All oak. More wood down or standing dead than I could cut. My friend said that I could not get all the wood out in my life time. Well we will see about that.

xbunzx said:
It's All oak. More wood down or standing dead than I could cut. My friend said that I could not get all the wood out in my life time. Well we will see about that.

Nice score bunz! Split and stack that oak and it could be ready in a year if dead standing..

Ray

Great find xbunzx. We know what you will be doing for a while.

Good score.

I would be tempted to scrounge as much as that while the going's good!

A beer or two can wait until it's all safely stashed away..........

Status
Not open for further replies.