first of many

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krex1010

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
southeast pa
so my house was wide open all day and we were out all day, so the place was just a teeny bit chilly tonight. My wife asked for a fire so i figured why not. i made a fire in the new stove, packed in a few oddball pieces and watched it take off. my wife fell asleep about 5 minutes after the warmth hit her and i sat and watched hockey and sipped sambuca all night enjoying my 82 degree living room, i can see myself spending many weekend nights this way this winter, and i am ok with that!

krex1010 said:
so my house was wide open all day and we were out all day, so the place was just a teeny bit chilly tonight. My wife asked for a fire so i figured why not. i made a fire in the new stove, packed in a few oddball pieces and watched it take off. my wife fell asleep about 5 minutes after the warmth hit her and i sat and watched hockey and sipped sambuca all night enjoying my 82 degree living room, i can see myself spending many weekend nights this way this winter, and i am ok with that!

The heat is nice, we are at 31 degrees so I have some uglies (beech,cherry and maple) burning at the moment.

zap

Me too, but I was watchin my Yanks goin to the ALCS!! :coolsmirk: I love 'em both! ( Yanks and my fire).

wood-fan-atic said:
Me too, but I was watchin my Yanks goin to the ALCS!! :coolsmirk: I love 'em both! ( Yanks and my fire).

I was watching my flyers lose in overtime. But hopefully tonight I will be watching my phils also stamp their ticket to the nlcs, and if that goes well I believe they have some unfinished business with those Yankees!

SBI Flame 1.9-I , 8 lb. maul , Husquarvna 142 e , 2000 Ford Ranger 5spd.,wife, 1 boy,2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 ex-wife under same roof.

Your current wife allows your ex-wife to live with you guys? That is a tolerant woman I must say.

CT-Mike said:
SBI Flame 1.9-I , 8 lb. maul , Husquarvna 142 e , 2000 Ford Ranger 5spd.,wife, 1 boy,2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 ex-wife under same roof.

Your current wife allows your ex-wife to live with you guys? That is a tolerant woman I must say.

The " WAR" stories must be awesome..................................................................

Around 11:45 last night I threw two big oddball chunks of ash in the stove, it wasn't really cold enough to need the overnight fire but I was curious to see what would be left in the morning. I was really happy to see that at 7:30 this morning there was a full bed of coals and the stove was still throwing enough heat to make the blower run. I could have easily gotten two more good sized splits in there when I added wood last night, so I think I will be able to get good overnight burns with my new stove, which means mr oil man won't be getting nearly as much of my money!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch that! Its a long story( of course it is). My ex and I had a son 13 yrs ago. Hes AWESOME :) . But our relationship was never so good (immature,booze,me being less than faithful :red: ). Then she decided that she likes girls! We split up(naturally) and she married a young female gym teacher (i swear to GOD). During this time, I cleaned up my life(no more booze and drugs),and found my soul-mate/wife. WELL...the gym teacher thing didnt work out(shocker), and over the years,my wife and my ex have become great friends. We all get along pretty good. The apt. she lived in around the corner from me was owned by a crazy woman(again...drugs,booze,cops,etc),and was just not a good environment. Soooooo, my WIFE suggested that my ex move in to our house for a while so she can save some $$ and my son doesnt have to visit the crazy-house around the corner. Now were just one ,big,modern,mis-understood happy family. :lol: .....and b/f someone asks- the ex sleeps in her OWN room!!

wood-fan-atic said:
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch that! Its a long story( of course it is). My ex and I had a son 13 yrs ago. Hes AWESOME :) . But our relationship was never so good (immature,booze,me being less than faithful :red: ). Then she decided that she likes girls! We split up(naturally) and she married a young female gym teacher (i swear to GOD). During this time, I cleaned up my life(no more booze and drugs),and found my soul-mate/wife. WELL...the gym teacher thing didnt work out(shocker), and over the years,my wife and my ex have become great friends. We all get along pretty good. The apt. she lived in around the corner from me was owned by a crazy woman(again...drugs,booze,cops,etc),and was just not a good environment. Soooooo, my WIFE suggested that my ex move in to our house for a while so she can save some $$ and my son doesnt have to visit the crazy-house around the corner. Now were just one ,big,modern,mis-understood happy family. :lol: .....and b/f someone asks- the ex sleeps in her OWN room!!

That, my friend, would make an awesome reality TV show....................................................
and with regard to the last sentence, "With WHO?" LOL

rottiman said:
wood-fan-atic said:

That, my friend, would make an awesome reality TV show....................................................
and with regard to the last sentence, "With WHO?" LOL

The last sentence just ruined the whole story..... Sure she does... ;-P

There are SOOOO many MORE sordid details to this story. But nobody would believe that its actually a TRUE life story playing out everyday in the life of poor little me. Let me say this- wife # 1 was 7 years older than me- wife # 2 is 10 yrs younger than me( im 40) and is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, both inside and out. My ship, my friends , has FINALLY come in.

Now if you can just get beyond those Yanks, you will achieve Enlightenment ;)

Wax on. Wax off, grasshopper. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.