First Off Shore Trip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
100_6762.JPG
100_6750.JPG
100_6756.JPG
No tuna, but got a first for me and the boat a Wahoo 60 lbs. Lots of life out in the Atlantis Canyons, dolphins whales.

I've done a couple overnight trips out to the canyons. Caught some yellowfin and lost some. Not for the fainthearted but fun. I prefer inshore saltwater any day.

Reactions: Defiant
Now that ya got the bait, go for the big one. ;lol

Nice catch.

Reactions: Defiant and charly
whats that trick with the rubber bands on the reel for again?,.....ive seen someone do it before but forgot why...

bloody nice catch too!

Haven't made it out to the canyons yet, heard some good stories though

Canyons down your way are on fire right now.

so i've heard, unfortunately I haven't even made it on the boat at all this year

Looks like a big fresh water Pike.

Sweet! Never caught a wahoo.

I see a bandit reel,do you use a green stick?
My friend that owns this boat installed a green stick last year, finally getting the bugs worked out. Did have a knock down this trip, but no fish yet.

My Uncle coaches a swim team - New Jersey Wahoos. Never realized it was a fish;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.