First Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
Thanks to Craigs list I found a great deal on a trailer and a guy who had 75 oaks cut and wants folks to come and take 'em. Since he was only five miles away, I had to go out and get my first chain saw. I went with the Stihl 250, and I'm realizing I am going to need a little more oomph if I'm going to continue in the pursuit of downed oak - live and learn. Anyhoo, here's a pic of my first haul. Any estimates on what amount it is? I'm guessing about a 1/3-1/2 cord. The rounds are 18" - mostly.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 337
whatever it is good job and keep going money in the bank!

Looks like more to me! How sweet ! (5 miles) Get-sum

Nice haul, but I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get another saw. You'll probably find that saw will do most everything you want. It will just take a little bit longer and not that much longer either. Unless you plan on selling wood, you very well may never need a bigger one.

Welcome to the dark side...nice score.

looks like more than a half cord,muffler mod. and some high octane will give you a boost on that ms 250

schortie said:
Thanks to Craigs list I found a great deal on a trailer and a guy who had 75 oaks cut and wants folks to come and take 'em. Since he was only five miles away, I had to go out and get my first chain saw. I went with the Stihl 250, and I'm realizing I am going to need a little more oomph if I'm going to continue in the pursuit of downed oak - live and learn. Anyhoo, here's a pic of my first haul. Any estimates on what amount it is? I'm guessing about a 1/3-1/2 cord. The rounds are 18" - mostly.

Thats no a scrounge...thats a score!!!
Well done....I'd be psyched with that score.
If I might suggest, that wood might go quick to others...maybe offer him a gift or something to have you the only picker for a few weeks....I'd keep that guy happy as hell.
Awesome job!

Status
Not open for further replies.