Fiskars X27 Super Splitting Axe, mini review video...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pault123

Mar 2, 2015
UK
Wanted a axe to make fast work for creating kindling and smaller pieces of wood to get the fire going. Works great on even the harder seasoned pieces. Very lightweight at only 8lbs so can use without tiring for hours, and great length keep it well away from the feet!

First axe so my technique certainly needs some work, but it doesnt need much swing putting into it, a drop from height is enough for the sort of wood i'm splitting. Hope you enjoy...

Last edited:
Stop trying to slow the axe before it hits the chopping block.. not sure if you're doing this, but kinda looks that way.

Also, use your legs and get some velocity on that swing. None of those splits should have taken more than one swing.

Nice use of "Black Magic". Seems like the perfect nickname for the X27.

Yep. Swing through the wood. Just like Karate. Swing for the stump under the split.

Stop trying to slow the axe before it hits the chopping block.. not sure if you're doing this, but kinda looks that way.

Also, use your legs and get some velocity on that swing. None of those splits should have taken more than one swing.

Cheers Drz, it could be the slow motion parts on the video I added? I'll try it with more velocity next time i'm chopping, although thats one of the things I like about the axe how little force you need to put into the swing.

ps. video only has music at intro now :)

Reactions: Wisneaky
Nice use of "Black Magic". Seems like the perfect nickname for the X27.

I did borrow a roughneck maul before this, far heavier, and just felt so much effort to use. The fiskars has worked its black magic on me, almost addictive nipping out for a quick session LOL

Nice bit of video editing Paul.

Here's one of my son (sons) and I splitting with a Fiskars. As you can see we work at a little faster pace here in Canada then you do in the UK. ;)

That one round gave you a pretty damn good fight. I'm very jealous of your storage racks. Also, are you wearing some form of sandals? ;lol

That one round gave you a pretty damn good fight. I'm very jealous of your storage racks. Also, are you wearing some form of sandals? ;lol
Clogs I believe is what they call them. ;)
41TaGgYzlzL._SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

Reactions: claydogg84
Steel toed crocs, right?:eek:

Reactions: Lumber-Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.